Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I missed the open day but went to visit yesterday instead, but wasn't allowed to view rooms.
    So I thought I'd ask anyone here who knew:
    • Are there wash basins in all the Bailey rooms?
    • How many people are there to a bathroom on the Bailey? And are they both/same-sex?
    • Is it set up in flats? If so, how far are the rooms from the bathroom?
    • What are the chances, if I were to apply for a single room, of me actually getting it?
    • What are the chances of me getting an ensuite at Brooks House if i were to apply for that?

And for anyone doing Politics, where are the lectures most commonly held (I was told only small ones were held at Al Qasimi/South End), and how far are they from Parson's Field?

Sorry for such a huge abundance of questions.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I'm pretty useless in answering your questions but you might like to post here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/cuthsopendays2013/ since there are current students lurking around who will know a lot more than I do

ReputationRep:
    I live at Parson's so I'm not sure about wash basins on the Bailey but I think most have them. Again not so sure about the ratios, maybe 5-6 and tend to be shared. The Bailey isn't set up in flats but all the Parson's accommodation is. I'm not sure about the chances of a single room but when you apply for accommodation you fill in a preference form so you could pick a single room on the Bailey as your first choice but then En-suite as your second choice if you really don't want to share. There's no guarantee about getting ensuite, Freshers do live there but any postgraduates and returning students live in Brooks House too.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the help guys

ReputationRep:
    Not that many of the Bailey bathrooms have sinks but I was up there the other day and was pretty jealous of their 'bathroom banter' that came from sharing sinks.
    Bathrooms on the Bailey are unisex and per shower/toilet there's probably about 5/6 sharing.
    Bailey rooms are all set up in houses so there's just various corridors with rooms and bathrooms dotted all over the place, so you'd only be as far away from a bathroom as you would be in an ordinary house.
    On the Bailey there's about a half and half split between shared and single rooms, meaning about 2/3rds of people are sharing a room who live there.
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting an en-suite down at Brooks, the most who share a single shower/toilet is five and all the rooms have sinks in. Also, if you share a bathroom it gets cleaned about twice a week but if you have an ensuite you'll have to clean it yourself :P

Southend House is up by the hill colleges and it's about a 20-25 minute walk

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.