Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm applying to be Head Girl and I was wondering if you could give me any idea or help in filling out my application, I'm at a loss when it comes to making myself look good on applications such as this because I haven't had much practice.

The Questions are as follows:
    1) Why do you want to represent the school as Head Boy or Head Girl?
    2) What have you done previously in school or out of school that gives you some experience of leading or helping others? (I have already answered this question)
    3) What do you feel you learned from it? How would you like to build on the skills you have learnt in the position of Head Boy or Head Girl?
    4) If you could lead one new project in school, what would it be and why?

Help from ex-head boys or girls would be ideal, but help from anyone else would greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UltimateFangirl)
    Hey guys,

The Questions are as follows:
    1) Why do you want to represent the school as Head Boy or Head Girl?
    Talk about the fact that you've been with the school X amount of years and you feel like you know the student body/your year group enough to represent them. You want to contribute back to the school before you leave. Having a list of good qualities will help you out: good listener, supportive, confident etc.
    2) What have you done previously in school or out of school that gives you some experience of leading or helping others? (I have already answered this question)
    3) What do you feel you learned from it? How would you like to build on the skills you have learnt in the position of Head Boy or Head Girl?
    Use them in the workplace, in higher education, help out other people, develop personally...
    4) If you could lead one new project in school, what would it be and why?
    This is individual to your school. Think about what you have in sixthform now, and what you would like. Ask friends who aren't applying what they would like to see.

Help from ex-head boys or girls would be ideal, but help from anyone else would greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    I'm deputy head girl and you're fairly lucky seeing as you get to prepare! Make sure you tailor your answers to the specific school setting as everywhere is different.

Message or quote me for more help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)
    I'm deputy head girl and you're fairly lucky seeing as you get to prepare! Make sure you tailor your answers to the specific school setting as everywhere is different.

Thank you so much for your help! The application is due to be handed in on Monday and then if I'm lucky, I'll undergo an interview to determine whether I'm the right choice for the position. Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)

Good answers to #1 and #4, but I think the answer to #3 should build on #2, not look beyond the year as Head Girl. The word "it" refers to the experience listed in #2, IMO.

Good luck OP!

ReputationRep:
    I got it! I got Head girl first I was short-listed for an interview and I've just been informed

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.