Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, people! How's everyone's hols going?

Basically, Im sitting here procrastinating obviously and I feel like I dont know how to revise?! I have revised since AS began and well, my GCSEs, as well. But sometimes, when I start to read through my notes (which summarises the revision guide/textbook/previous mark scheme answers) and highlight it, it doesnt go in and I get bored quickly and begin to procastinate! This happens sometimes, and other times, I can actually revise somehow.

Did this make sense to anyone? Does anyone know what im going through?

So, the overally question is: how to stop procastination and revise properly?

Cheers, guys (in advance)

P.S. Yes, i do want to go to uni and im also hoping to apply to medicine, which I know is so hard, but this still isnt motivating me! I even have a slideshow of inspirational quotes as my screensaver! And my exam timetable is stuck up on the wall, filled with all 11 exams! *cries*

ReputationRep:
    Anyyyonnee? oh my liifee...

ReputationRep:
    With A levels its so much simplier, Im guess you are doing chemistry and Biology? just revise one topic at a time and do the relevent past paper questions to it immediately so that it sinks in the head. I have to do lectures, and each lecture is one essay question (doing biomedical sciences) so like today I went over the lecture and now I have attempted the question set by the examiner, to see how much I could regurgitate back. If you think A levels are hard, wait until you get to uni. we have no set guidebooks, revision books, its up to you to make the notes and read up scientific papers to them. medicine is good because they spoon feed you what to revise but its just the sheer volume so the people that do well have an excellent short term memory (cos all the questions are multiple choice that mainly tests you on breadth rather than depth) Im digressing now, but I got through A levels cos of the mark scheme, key words just bugged me so much. Uni is more flexible, majority do get 2.1 but firsts....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LIzzieWoo)
    With A levels its so much simplier, Im guess you are doing chemistry and Biology? just revise one topic at a time and do the relevent past paper questions to it immediately so that it sinks in the head. I have to do lectures, and each lecture is one essay question (doing biomedical sciences) so like today I went over the lecture and now I have attempted the question set by the examiner, to see how much I could regurgitate back. If you think A levels are hard, wait until you get to uni. we have no set guidebooks, revision books, its up to you to make the notes and read up scientific papers to them. medicine is good because they spoon feed you what to revise but its just the sheer volume so the people that do well have an excellent short term memory (cos all the questions are multiple choice that mainly tests you on breadth rather than depth) Im digressing now, but I got through A levels cos of the mark scheme, key words just bugged me so much. Uni is more flexible, majority do get 2.1 but firsts....
    Yeah, I do Chem, Bio, Maths, Philosophy and Ethics and Critical Thinking (as compulsory)! Ohhh, thaankss! Ill do that, like right away, if i stop procrastinating... Yeah, but im sorta looking forward to uni tbh (if i get in) *fingers crossed* and i guess it is quite hard!

ReputationRep:
    I do chem, bio and maths as well like you, I come on here and read the threads of people revising which makes me think that I really need to get started with my work. Or I just put all my books out in front of me and set everything up so I keep staring at it and it forces me to work. Also, you could think the quicker I get the revision done now, the more time I'll have free later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.