The Student Room Group

I can't concentrate!

I'm feeling really annoyed with myself.

Over the Easter holidays I've had a few really good days of revising. But then there are days such as this where I literally cannot think.

I'm trying to revise for my History and History resit A-Level, plus I've got loads and loads of Art to do because I'm behind on that. I've set out a timetable etc. of all the things I need to do up until I go back to school. If is stick to it I'll get everything done.

The problem is, is that today I woke up a bit late, but I got up and sat down to do some work. Ever since then I've been trying and trying and I just can't process any information, I'm trying to write an essay now and I literally have no umph and I'm getting stressed.

It seems I'm really stressed about my work yet I have an enormous amount of apathy to do anything. Which leads to guilt because I'm not doing anything and annoyance at myself.

Should I just take the day off, 'waste' time and get behind on my timetable, or... what? I don't even know anymore...
I posted a similar thread to yours, so I kinda know exactly what you're going through! So, I cant really help much because no one's replied.

If you can't concentrate move on to something else that's easy or that you enjoy revising (lol, how can you enjoy revising?! I dont even know) or just move yourself away from the work area and go for a run or something to clear your thoughts?

But with the whole starting late on a timetable thing, what I did was, wrote down all the things I needed to do that day and put in order of difficulty.

I chose to do all the easy topic/things-to-do/revision that could be done quickly and then, sort anything else you needed for tomorrow's revision, like printing off past papers etc and just do that. So that you're back on track for tomorrow!

I also advise pushing forward the timetable a bit because I put my first revision session in at 8 and I wake up at 9/10 and it really messes up my day!

Good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nivvy21
I posted a similar thread to yours, so I kinda know exactly what you're going through! So, I cant really help much because no one's replied.

But with the whole starting late on a timetable thing, what I did was, wrote down all the things I needed to do that day and put in order of difficulty.

I chose to do all the easy topic/things-to-do/revision that could be done quickly and then, sort anything else you needed for tomorrow's revision, like printing off past papers etc and just do that. So that you're back on track for tomorrow!

I also advise pushing forward the timetable a bit because I put my first revision session in at 8 and I wake up at 9/10 and it really messes up my day!

Good luck :smile:

The thing is I start my timetable at midday, because I normally wake up at about 9. That gives me time to sort stuff out in prep for revision and relax a little bit before hitting it. I woke up at 11:30 today... so it wasn't as if I planned to do too much in the day it is just that I can't do it.

I feel like I'm stuck in limbo when I don't do any work, because I feel so guilty for not doing it and I don't relax anyway.
Original post by Mr Faust
The thing is I start my timetable at midday, because I normally wake up at about 9. That gives me time to sort stuff out in prep for revision and relax a little bit before hitting it. I woke up at 11:30 today... so it wasn't as if I planned to do too much in the day it is just that I can't do it.

I feel like I'm stuck in limbo when I don't do any work, because I feel so guilty for not doing it and I don't relax anyway.

I know exactly what you mean! Check my last post because I edited it and i think that may have answered your question a bit more and also, check the sticky on this forum, they have goood tips! Im just gunna give you tips everyone else gives me, but doesnt work :tongue: Stick up your exam timetable like everywhere and erm, have a motivational quote as your background (I do this, well, its my screensaver and its a slideshow of motivational quotes) and envision a future where you dont do well and how that messes up your life? Wow, such baad tips! Sorry! :s-smilie:
Original post by Mr Faust
I'm feeling really annoyed with myself.

Over the Easter holidays I've had a few really good days of revising. But then there are days such as this where I literally cannot think.

I'm trying to revise for my History and History resit A-Level, plus I've got loads and loads of Art to do because I'm behind on that. I've set out a timetable etc. of all the things I need to do up until I go back to school. If is stick to it I'll get everything done.

The problem is, is that today I woke up a bit late, but I got up and sat down to do some work. Ever since then I've been trying and trying and I just can't process any information, I'm trying to write an essay now and I literally have no umph and I'm getting stressed.

It seems I'm really stressed about my work yet I have an enormous amount of apathy to do anything. Which leads to guilt because I'm not doing anything and annoyance at myself.

Should I just take the day off, 'waste' time and get behind on my timetable, or... what? I don't even know anymore...

Me too! It's the environment when you're in holiday and there are no deadlines and after a while you just feel like you slip into some sort of coma/trance state where you can't do anything right anymore, but once you get back to school it's like having cold water dumped on you and you wake up again

jojotheflower, meow, over and out
Reply 5
Start waking up and studying at 6AM!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending