Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have looked at accommodation but not yet decided. Where would be the best accommodation equidistant from collegiate campus and the town centre. I'll be studying at collegiate, but also looking to work/train at Ponds Forge and I love the city so would want to not be far from. My parents like The Forge the best, if I lived there say, is there an accessible bus route to town?

A couple of additional questions,

- Where to most students party? Is it the city centre?
    - Is the larger accommodation quite busy all the time? Coming and going, flat parties e.g
    - How easy is it to bring guests into your rooms? Friends and fam.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to the forge but know it's location. There are a lot of buses around the place and, There are a couple that go up that way. Your best bet is to google map and look for the stops.

As to your other questions;

-As I'm not a student who parties, at all I'm not 100% but there are several clubs and bars within town that I hear a lot of. The graduate, which is a pub/restaurant kind-of thing. There's also Corp and Embrace which are popular too : http://www.sheffieldnights.com/clubs/

-They're not as busy as they may appear to be. It'll depend on how many you have living with you in the actual flat. Accommodations can be strict with noise levels and complaints they receive from other residents, so be weary of that. My flatmates are quite rowdy and we've had several complaints. You're best keeping parties to clubs.

-Temporary stays, perhaps the night should be fine with most places but any longer and, if they find out, you could possibly get in trouble. If you mean more so having friends over for a film night or what ever then, as long as you stay with them (you'll probably have ID cards/fobs/keys to get around most places) so they don't get locked out and take responsibility for any issues/damages that may occur then it should be fine.

All accommodations differ, so when you get your contract, make sure you read it over.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.