Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    //

ReputationRep:
    I have two Edexcel textbooks and funnily enough, one says it starts in E minor then changes to C minor whilst the other says it changes from G major to E flat major. However, our music teacher told us (and made us write down in our scores of the piece) that it changes from G major to C minor. Very confusing, I'm not even sure myself which is the correct key!! :confused: Considering our teacher told us it was G major to C minor, I'm going to stick with that one. Sorry I probably wasn't much help!!

ReputationRep:
    I've literally only revised 'Something's Coming' and that's it. I'm sitting two 10 hour exams next week for two art subjects so recently I've just been focused on finishing up all my coursework for that so I can get them over and done with and just focus on revision for all my other subjects afterwards!

I know I really should have started revising, but I really haven't had much time as my art/graphics coursework eats up a lot of my time. Oops. Looks like I'll be cramming it all in like the week before !

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! To be fair, music isn't one of the worst subjects to revise.. unless it's Reg Desh. Then it's torture.

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Sorry to butt in on the conversation, but I did my GCSE Music last year and I think I can help

Electric Counterpoint starts in E minor and changes to C minor! it's really easy to remember when you think about it like this

Electric Counterpoint is in
    E min C min

I hope this helps you guys - the pneumonic (well... it's sort of one) really helped my class and it's so obvious when you realise it!

Good luck with the exam

ReputationRep:
    Awesome way to remember it! ! Thanks for the tip )

ReputationRep:
    The reason there are different versions (G major, Eminor) and (C minor, Eb major) is because these pairs share the same key signatures (they are each other's relative major/minor). This actual piece uses Em and Cm, but the people who made the textbooks must have assumed it was the major keys from just looking at the key signature and not actually studying the piece.

ReputationRep:
    Whichever you put you get marks, so you can revise whichever you find easiest to remember. I'm pretty sure the odds are against them asking anyway, and even if they ask a question about tonality stating that they are relative would probably net you more marks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.