Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I love maths and ive got a C grade in alevel maths and A in gcse maths. But i find other subjects boring, but i have a huge passion for maths.

Isit worth getting a degree in maths at Kingston uni? I want to be a maths teacher, if i get a 2:1 or a 1st, can i still get a well paid job with a maths degree and become a secondary maths teacher?? Please help thanks

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. A Mathematics degree is not as subject to variation amongst universities as other subjects. Of course you can become a teacher afterwards. I'd advise you to take a took at Kingston's modules for the Maths course you want to do and compare it to other universities. Use the which uni website and type in your grades. I'm sure you can get into a range of others with a C grade in Maths.

ReputationRep:
    i got A's in C1 and C2, messed up my C3/C4 modules i want to retake these so i can have a solid alevel maths with a minimum of B or an A.. That website is very helpful, but it would be better if someone who is currently studying at Kingston completing a maths degree is able to give me an insight into whether it is worth studying three years at Kingston doing maths... Im choosing kingston because I want to live at home in London.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.