Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Im revising for my economics micro unit 1 AS exam in May, and Im trying to guess what market i think will come up, especially for 25 markers.

Education hasn't yet come up, so may someone tell me government interventions of education please?

and if anyone has any ideas of markets which could come up in the contexts questions please also tell me that too

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleyhamidi538)
    Hey guys,

Im revising for my economics micro unit 1 AS exam in May, and Im trying to guess what market i think will come up, especially for 25 markers.

Education hasn't yet come up, so may someone tell me government interventions of education please?

and if anyone has any ideas of markets which could come up in the contexts questions please also tell me that too

Thanks
    how are you revising for econ1 and econ2?

ReputationRep:
    Econ1: obviously knowing the text books, then doing all the multiple choices atleast twice, and doing the data response questions atleast one of them in each past paper, like you would do in the exam. I also try vary the essay market topic as it may get repeated for our exam and also try think of markets which havent come up yet.

Econ2: the same as above, however i have noticed an occurance of the 3 main goverment polcies coming up atleast one in each past paper ( essay ) obviously they try make it trickier by saying maybe 'budget deficit' instead of fiscal policy, but u speak of fiscal policy and then compare with the other two policies. However i shouldnt just hope that this will come up, so i have done essays for the exchange rate, investment etc

hope this helped !

ReputationRep:
    Something about agriculture/buffer stocks/EU CAP hasn't come up in some time.

But I can't stress this enough, don't hope or try to predict what markets will come up. I tried to do this last summer for Unit 1 and didn't revise healthcare, then BOOM...healthcare comes up.

When I revised for my Unit 1 resit I learnt my lesson and left no stone unturned and learnt about every potential market. I was lucky to retake in January, you don't want to be revisiting this material next summer now you don't have January exams.

ReputationRep:
    How much is everyone revising for this? I haven't done much for economics, concentrating on my other subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    Something about agriculture/buffer stocks/EU CAP hasn't come up in some time.

But I can't stress this enough, don't hope or try to predict what markets will come up. I tried to do this last summer for Unit 1 and didn't revise healthcare, then BOOM...healthcare comes up.

When I revised for my Unit 1 resit I learnt my lesson and left no stone unturned and learnt about every potential market. I was lucky to retake in January, you don't want to be revisiting this material next summer now you don't have January exams.
    okay thank you for the advice, should i look at the chapter in textbook of the market case studies, with all the markets in there then? And make sure i know them all and thats it! Also if u did the retake, do you remember what came up in the jan 2013 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleyhamidi538)
    okay thank you for the advice, should i look at the chapter in textbook of the market case studies, with all the markets in there then? And make sure i know them all and thats it! Also if u did the retake, do you remember what came up in the jan 2013 paper?
    Yes, that chapter with the case studies is useful. However no way is the exam limited to just those case studies in the chapter, in summer they like to throw in something new so don't be put off. Just make sure you do get a chance to look/do all the past papers so you get a flavour of the sort of markets they bring up.

Just be prepared to apply standard stuff and policies you've learnt this year and moulding a response specific to the source. Don't forget, the sources are your BEST FRIEND - especially the last source, it hints you on what you could explore in your essay.

January 2013:
    - One was about healthy eating with 25 marker on whether governments should intervene to encourage healthy eating (Note: this was about yes or no to government intervention, not an essay to explain different policies)

- I think the second question was something about congestion/speeding cameras

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the January 2013 paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.