Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm an australian student and i'm coming to Leeds on exchange for next semester. I was wondering about the different accommodation, particularly catered. Which are the best residences? I liked the look of Devonshire Hall but I have heard that everyone is a bit snobby, is this true?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Phoebe

Thanks for your question - I've just done a post outlining the self-catered residences, so this one will focus on the catered ones!

We've got 4 catered residences at Leeds, three are on campus:

Charles Morris - this hall is on campus, and is made up of Storm Jameson Court (new build), Whetton and Dobree (both recently refurbished).

Ellerslie Global Residence - Ellerslie is also on-campus, and is in a row of attractive Victorian town houses, right on campus and just across the road from a public park. Two common rooms with TVs and even a grand piano, Ellerslie offers a cosy living environment.

Lyddon Hall
    - Located in the heart of campus, Lyddon consists of a large main hall and several Victorian houses. Facilities include a spacious common room with TV, pool table and air hockey machine, and a traditional library with grand piano.

For these halls - catering is provided in The Refectory, students have a meal plan card with which they can buy their meals.

In addition, Devonshire Hall is located off-campus, (15 minutes walk). Devonshire is a traditional hall in an impressive historic building, with a wide range of facilities - particularly for the musically inclined. A thread has been started for people applying to Devonshire here, why not join in and talk to others considering applying there!

I hope that helps!

Amanda

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.