Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a second year bachelor student and I am going to the US next year to study one year as a part of study abroad scheme. The course that I'm gonna study there is very related to my current course here in the UK. but I basically think the course that I'm gonna study in the US may be a lot more interesting to me. If that happens and I really like to continue my studies there in the US, is it possible to do that and transfer my studies to that university in the US?

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is possible to transfer - and actually it could be a very good idea. My sister did an exchange for one year at a US uni, and liked it so much that when she returned to her UK uni she was very disillusioned with her studies. She would have much rather stayed in the US.

Remember that studying at most US unis is way more expensive than in the UK, and often transfer students have less financial aid available. So check with the university how much it would cost.

Also, the transfer process takes a long time, so you'd have to start looking into it as soon as you start your year abroad - if not before!

Some info on transfers: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in...fer-admissions

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the info

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.