Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I'm just wondering how many of you are doing the AQA AS German oral exam. My exam is on Tuesday, we have an external examiner coming in so our teachers are not conducting the exam.

I feel quite prepared for the exam although I know some unexpected questions will be thrown at me. My prepared topic is fashion and I really hope a stimulus card on Urlaub comes up so that I don't have to talk about it in my general conversation, I detest that topic.

How is everyone revising for this? And how are you feeling for it?

ReputationRep:
    Is nobody else doing this exam??

ReputationRep:
    I am........ how are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky96)
    I am........ how are you revising?
    Hey!
    I had the exam yesterday and it went quite well.
    We had an external examiner and she was absolutely lovely, really friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Hey!
    I had the exam yesterday and it went quite well.
    We had an external examiner and she was absolutely lovely, really friendly.

Ooh how was it?!?!?!?!? The thought of an external examiner terrifies me ahaha. Do you get any idea of your grade?
    Also how did you revise aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky96)
    Ooh how was it?!?!?!?!? The thought of an external examiner terrifies me ahaha. Do you get any idea of your grade?
    Also how did you revise aha
    It went well.
    And don't be scared of the thought of an external examiner. Our examiner was really nice, she was just a cute little old lady. And like most examiners, she didn't sit opposite you, she came and sat right next to you which really put me at ease and made me feel less nervous.
    I don't know about my grade but at the end she said "You kept that going very well and your positivity is refreshing". They don't really give much away.

I revised by looking over all my class notes, learning my prepared topic thoroughly and memorising key phrases that I will often use e.g. Ich bin der Meinung, dass.... and Einerseits...aber auf der Andererseit.. and Meiner Meinung nach ist... Es gibt verschiedenen Grunde.. and so on.

Viel Gluck!

ReputationRep:
    Mine's on Monday and I'm terrified! There's a German trainee teacher at our college who does conversation practise and mine have been a bit up and down over the last few days, any advice on last minute prep?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is on Monday too and I'm absolutely bricking it, already had panic attacks and ahhhh. My mum did try and ask me some of the likely things the conversation part could be on (in english) and I just froze :/

ReputationRep:
    I did my German Speaking today..
    I was just wondering how you guys found it overall

ReputationRep:
    I wish you luck! I did the AQA AS last year and it was a really straightforward exam, just review all the topics and draw upon main ideas- the best and most efficient way to do this is to google things and go onto legit German websites, for example you could type in 'Negative effects of television' for example, the beauty of this is that you are getting a whole hoard of native phrases which, especially if they're on news/government websites, will be grammatically correct but also really spice up your exam.

I've got my A2 orals next week for Spanish and German, and it's definitely a more interesting albeit more difficult exam, the topics are far more engaging and controversial (for example debating the death penalty v prison, nuclear energy etc) and I've found the internet to be a gold mine for differing opinions and pinching some ideas/phrases.

Viel Spass

ReputationRep:
    I leave things far too late and should read before I post things and embarrass myself. Anyway- glad it went well (my advice is arguably transferable for next year I guess ;-) )

ReputationRep:
    I don't do German but I do French
    Goodluck with your German exam guys

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have my exam next German oral next Friday!!
    For those who have done the exam, can you specifically remember any of the stimulus cards and what they were about in detail?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLeon)
    Hi!

I have my exam next German oral next Friday!!
    For those who have done the exam, can you specifically remember any of the stimulus cards and what they were about in detail?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As specified here we can't actually talk about it until the season's over, just keep collecting vocab and practise with other people as much as you can. A word of advice: if there's one topic you're really scared of, revise it! I was dodging one because I didn't have a lot to say and it came up

ReputationRep:
    ANYONE worried about the exam next week? x

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I'm so worried mine's TOMORROW!!! I'm scared I'll freeze and not know what to do. Any suggestions?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.