Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I recently got offered a place in Inverness to study nursing! As I am from N.I I would be grateful for any feedback on the course, campus and accommodation! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there's practically no one there, as it is only nursing students you won't be getting the Uni experience.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I got a conditional as well! Quite keen on the place but not 100% defo sure to go. Thought I would say Hi, I'm trying to contact the accommodation manager to see whats on offer, but its £278 a month on rent. Did you go up for selection visit? x

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have applied for nursing at inverness through UCAS extra, I'm just wondering what entry Requirements have they looked for? Im from rep of Ireland, I'm still waiting on a reply but would love to do my nursing in inverness

just having a wee browse through Student Room to look for info about nursing with Stirling at Highland campus and it seems other people have more questions than me haha! i've lived in Inverness all my life (bar a couple years i spent in Edinburgh at uni) and cannot think of a better place for uni. it's a great place to live full of great people.

"the uni experience" varies on what kinda person you are and what you're after. having spent a couple years in Edinburgh for uni i can safely say that Inverness is no Edinburgh (and won't ever be!) BUT... life is what you make of it. just because Inverness is not as big as most places doesn't mean you won't have the time of your effing life here and make the best friends you've ever had (:

as far as accommodation goes, it's not huge and it's not the best. but it's not the smallest and it's not the worst. it is situated in the grounds of the hospital and consists of only medical students/nurses etc. i had a friend who lived there for a year and i helped her move in, it was a nice dinky little three roomed flat with a shared kitchen and shared shower. put up some photos of home and some posters and like i said, life is what you make of it!

hopefully see some of you in Sep!

ReputationRep:
    I went for a visit last week; the staff I've encountered from the Inverness campus are lovely, the Centre for Health looks fab and the rooms in the accommodation are bigger than I thought they would be - although the kitchen I viewed was toty and v. basic. These things don't bother me but there wasn't a common living area or anything which I was a bit disappointed by as it's all on campus. The programme is fantastic and I'm sorely tempted, but I fear I would maybe feel a bit isolated. Inverness is lovely, if you go for a visit try a dream ring and there's a fab Jamaican restaurant called 'Cool Runnings'.

ReputationRep:
    I've been given an unconditional offer for Adult Nursing to enter in the 2nd year as I'm transferring from a course in London.

I went up for the selection day and the facilities seemed great (although I didn't see the accommodation). The chance to have one placement a year anywhere in the Highlands seems like a fantastic opportunity.

Looking forward to moving up in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenC1989)
    Hi I have applied for nursing at inverness through UCAS extra, I'm just wondering what entry Requirements have they looked for? Im from rep of Ireland, I'm still waiting on a reply but would love to do my nursing in inverness������
    Heya LaurenC,
    just wondering did u hear anything back re nursing in inverness?? Have got an offer to do nursing here,am from rep of ireland too :-)

ReputationRep:
    Il be moving up next month to start at Inverness in sept. very nervous anyone heard about accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditional and have been told not to book accomodation until I know definitely that I am going

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Agoodwin23;43584678]Il be moving up next month to start at Inverness in sept. very nervous anyone heard about accommodation yet?

Heya,
    Am starting in sept aswell! Was chatting to the staff re accomodation and think I might go with the Raigmore accomodation which is on site!:-)

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I'm happy I've found someone else who's going . Yeah that's where I'm hoping to stay but I've had no information about it so not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yaah The accommodation is beyond awful but I am sure we can use our artistic wilds to get our rooms/flats looking alright, there isn't wifi though

ReputationRep:
    "All flats are same sex up to four sharing.
    All utilities are included in the rent.
    The rent for students is £277 and the deposit is £277. rent to be paid by direct debit.
    Students are placed with students.
    There is no deadline for applying, but rooms are rented on first come first served basis."

This is an excerpt from an email concerning the raigmore accommodation. I also have been told not to book accomodation until I am defo going.

"There is no internet access, but this is available in the Centre for Health Science"

Also, this is in a later message

ReputationRep:
    Do you just call them up to book accommodation? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is a booking form you have to fill out, with arrival and departure times and dates, so you might need to call up the uni to see when these dates are, I think that you could probs just answer them on the phone but I am not sure

ReputationRep:
    Yep your right,the apartments are Very basic! But with a few pics da place will b grand :-)
    what date are ye thinking of moving up? Yeah its a pitty re the wifi alrite!

ReputationRep:
    Il give them a call tomorrow thank you, I'm moving up from Cambridge so want to get it sorted asap. Im thinking last week in aug as we start 2nd sept wanna get settled. What about you's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My plan is to go up as late as possible as I will only know until results day if I am going, so that gives me 4 weeks to sort out everything, I also have a horse to find a new "human" for. Since its a big step, I'm actually nearby stirling, as soon as I know where I am going I will want to spend all the extra time I can spending time with the friends I will eventually leave, only like 1 is going north!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.