The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
We don't need to know about E=mc2, but it would still get you the answer, I was just pointing out, use it as a last resort, as it would work for the jan 13 question for example

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 741
What time do the exams start for you lot? It's a pm exam I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 742
Find physics the hardest out of all of my sciences
I am very nervous!
Good luck to you all xo
Maybe, 6 marker will be on energy level spectra...
Original post by Tuya

Posted from TSR Mobile

1:00pm
Original post by Tuya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes pm. But not sure about what time. maybe its at 1pm.
Reply 746
Will you need to do calculations for annihilation? If the particle and anti particle have kinetic energy, will that mean the photon energy is the rest energies + kinetic energies divided by 2?
Original post by Didierr
Find physics the hardest out of all of my sciences
I am very nervous!
Good luck to you all xo

Very good luck to you too!!!!:wink:
Bye all!!! It 11pm and I am going to bed for tomorrow! :smile: Have a good night sleep and do not worry at all about the exam if you revised for it. :smile:
Reply 749
Original post by GeneralOJB
Will you need to do calculations for annihilation? If the particle and anti particle have kinetic energy, will that mean the photon energy is the rest energies + kinetic energies divided by 2?
Yes, as there is 2 photons created to conserve momentum - going in opposite directions.
Reply 750
When is discussion legal? As its not edexcel, I'm guessing straight away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeneralOJB

Yes! you could be asked to calculate annihilation energy. rest energy is 0.510999MeV for a single electron. What do you mean by divided by 2? only add the energies together.
Original post by Tuya

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe so!
Good luck ALLLL!
Good luck guys! :biggrin:

Original post by Tuya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, straight away. :biggrin:
Reply 755
Original post by StalkeR47
Yes! you could be asked to calculate annihilation energy. rest energy is 0.510999MeV for a single electron. What do you mean by divided by 2? only add the energies together.

Well since two photons are emitted, the energy of one photon would be half.

So for annihilation, its the rest energy for the particle. So approx 0.5mev.

But for pair production you double it so approx 1.02mev?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the total annihilation energy, just add the two together. He just means if it asks for the energy of each photon you would need to divide by two.
Do we need to know definitions?
Reply 759
Do you not need to consider the kinetic energy of the particle and anti particle before collision though? For energy conservation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending