The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by medicus
How high will the grade boundaries be in your opinion?
54/55 for an A or higher?

Yeah I was thinking around 55 for an A, what do you think it will be for a B because I was guessing around 50, so i'm hoping I may have got a B which would be epic seeing as I was on an E 3 months ago :/
Reply 1121
Original post by x-Sophie-x
How was the photon and W+ boson different?

I said the photon is the exchange particle in electromagnetic interactions, and W+ was the exchange particle in weak interactions but I had no idea :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that the W+ has mass but the photon does not
Reply 1122
Original post by g.k.galloway
I put the boson had a charge :confused: Or is that wrong...aaahhh I don't know

Don't worry, I think they were after any of the following. I wrote about charge as well. :smile:

W boson has a non zero rest mass/Photon has a zero rest mass.
W boson is charged/Photon is uncharged.
W boson has a very short range (no more than 0.001fm)/Photon has infinite range.
W boson is the gauge boson for the weak force/ Photon is the gauge boson for the electromagnetic force.
That was probably the easiest paper I've done. And I got 30000 for that question btw
Reply 1124
Original post by cyfer
Found the paper really easy so I'm guessing grade boundaries will be really high unfortunately.

Do you think 70 marks will be 120 UMS or will it be lower nonetheless, like 66+?

I thought the Jan paper was easier so i would say its likely to be 68/70 again. (That could be because i think i got 68/69 but meh)
Original post by Zakee
Don't worry, I think they were after any of the following. I wrote about charge as well. :smile:

W boson has a very short range (no more than 0.001fm)/Photon has infinite range.
W boson is the gauge boson for the weak force/ Photon is the gauge boson for the electromagnetic force.

Woo thanks :smile:
Reply 1126
If it asked you for the resistance of the whole circuit then you must include internal resistance surely, as this contributes to total resistance :s-smilie:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
How was the photon and W+ boson different?

I said the photon is the exchange particle in electromagnetic interactions, and W+ was the exchange particle in weak interactions but I had no idea :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote that w+ has a charge but photon doesn't. Seems right?
Original post by Zakee

Woo thanks :smile:
Reply 1129
Original post by EllBailz
If it asked you for the resistance of the whole circuit then you must include internal resistance surely, as this contributes to total resistance :s-smilie:

The wording of the question is strange. I interpreted to mean the total resistance of the circuit (the load resistance) so I missed out the internal resistance in my calculation. I did the parallel combination and left it out like that. I'm sure either way, it would only be a mark lost (as the question was worth 2 marks?)
Reply 1130
that would be a 3 marker for total resistance- but this was one or 2 so you wouldnt work out parallel resistance (load) and then add on series (internal) for less than 3 marks

That's what I thought :smile:
Original post by amar96
I said that the W+ has mass but the photon does not

Photon does have a mass. Every particle has a mass.:wink:
Reply 1133
Original post by g.k.galloway
That's what I thought :smile:

Did you get 1/R=1/4.22222222 + 1/2 +1/1.5
So R = 0.71? :smile:
Reply 1134
for this syllabus, photons are said to be massless
no one predicted that 6 marker
6 marker was a gift. Made a few stupid mistakes though :frown:
Reply 1137
Original post by StalkeR47
Photon does have a mass. Every particle has a mass.:wink:

On the data sheet it clearly says it has no mass :biggrin:
Reply 1138
Original post by Zozzy
Yeah I was thinking around 55 for an A, what do you think it will be for a B because I was guessing around 50, so i'm hoping I may have got a B which would be epic seeing as I was on an E 3 months ago :/

I hope it will be around 53-54 for an A...
Did you get 1/R=1/4.22222222 + 1/2 +1/1.5
So R = 0.71? :smile:

No as the internal resistance was effectively in series

so I did 1/R = 1/2 + 1/4.22222

find R

then +1.5

= 2.86 ish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending