Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you apply for bursaries and other financial assistance? I'm applying for a loan and grant through student finance Northern Ireland... Do I have to apply for bursaries separately or is it done automatically?
    • Official TSR Representative

Official TSR Representative
    Hi Lara, thanks for your question.

At the University of Leeds, we're committed to encouraging students from all backgrounds, and we expect that one-in-three students will be eligible for financial help from us. We offer a range of financial support over and above the loans and grants you can receive from the government.

You’ll automatically be considered for Leeds Financial Support if you:

• Are a UK Student from England, Scotland or Northern Ireland, or an EU student
    • Have a household income of up to £42,600 and
    • Are studying for your first degree

The Leeds Financial Support Package gives you the choice of which support is best for you, either a tuition fee discount, a discount on University-owned accommodation, or a cash sum. You don't need to apply for this directly - you'll be automatically assessed, as long as you apply for the means-tested government support through Student Finance. We’ll be contacting eligible students from September to confirm your Leeds Financial Support.

In addition, we offer a number of scholarships. These can be subject specific or based on academic merit.

I hope that information helps – let me know if you have any more questions!

How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.