Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have an offer from St. Andrews for Biology for AAB at A level, but one of the main reasons I am interested in this uni is that it lets you have a much broader first year than most others. I'm really not sure as to what I want to do, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemistry with maths, Biology with maths are all ones I have considered and I meet the entry requirements for all of them. Is it possible for me to select modules in such a way that leaves most of those options open? In terms of coures the only thing Im not interested in is a purely mathematics course.

If anyone could explain how exactly first year works in terms of modules and mixed subjects that would be really useful in helping me decide whether to firm this university.
    My A levels are, Maths (A* sat last year), Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rivastro)
    So I have an offer from St. Andrews for Biology for AAB at A level, but one of the main reasons I am interested in this uni is that it lets you have a much broader first year than most others. I'm really not sure as to what I want to do, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemistry with maths, Biology with maths are all ones I have considered and I meet the entry requirements for all of them. Is it possible for me to select modules in such a way that leaves most of those options open? In terms of coures the only thing Im not interested in is a purely mathematics course.

If anyone could explain how exactly first year works in terms of modules and mixed subjects that would be really useful in helping me decide whether to firm this university.
    My A levels are, Maths (A* sat last year), Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Music.
    I'm in the same position as you, where I want to change from Chemistry to Maths if I firm St. A's. I asked at the Open Day yesterday and yes. You an change as long as you meet the pre-honours module requirements for the course you want to do, which you can check in the course catalogue. Assuming they are no module clashes with the course you applied for, and the one you wish to change to, you can do it rather easily, but I was told your advisor might not be happy If the course is offered as a joint honours, there should be no module clashes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.