Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an idea for a website that I think will be very useful.

I am wanting to make a website like trip advisor, where I can list a load of hotels (for example) and people can sign up to my website and post a review of the hotel.

They also give it a rating out of 5 and this adds to the overall rating for the hotel.

I've looked at doing it on wordpress using a 'product review' widget but it was a bit tacky.

Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this for free? (Like if you want to make a forum, you can download SMF, if you want to make a shop, you can download magento)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    I have an idea for a website that I think will be very useful.

I am wanting to make a website like trip advisor, where I can list a load of hotels (for example) and people can sign up to my website and post a review of the hotel.

They also give it a rating out of 5 and this adds to the overall rating for the hotel.

I've looked at doing it on wordpress using a 'product review' widget but it was a bit tacky.

Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this for free? (Like if you want to make a forum, you can download SMF, if you want to make a shop, you can download magento)

Thanks
    I have just created a website for myself which is similar to what you want.

www.takemegym.co.uk

basically like trip advisor but towards gyms etc.

I also used wordpress for this

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reviewsforjoomla.com/ This.

Also found for free here: http://downjoomla.blogspot.co.uk/201...-download.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debateamate)
    I have just created a website for myself which is similar to what you want.

www.takemegym.co.uk

basically like trip advisor but towards gyms etc.

I also used wordpress for this
    What plugin did you use?

Thanks. I tried installing it but for some reason it wouldn't work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    What plugin did you use?

Thanks. I tried installing it but for some reason it wouldn't work?
    He used GeoTheme http://geotheme.com/

ReputationRep:
    There's already a multitude of hotel review websites. If you're going to invest time this I'd suggest you come up with a more original idea, or at least an original way of implementing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stormy Seas)
    There's already a multitude of hotel review websites. If you're going to invest time this I'd suggest you come up with a more original idea, or at least an original way of implementing it.
    It's not for hotels. I was using it as an example as it's easy to understand.

ReputationRep:
    It's been done

www.hotels.com

Don't look for it being already done for you, everyone and their granny has a wordpress these days. Learn some basic html + css then go from there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.