Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy guys, anyone of you giving MS1 on the 13th may?I'm so confused an unprepared for it! What do you think is going to come?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! just got an account on here. Im also taking the exam if you mean AQA AS media? The first part of the exam is worth 60% and we are shown an unseen text, i.e. an advert such as an advert promoting the new mini cars (this came up before) and we then have to answer four 12 mark questions. one question is about audience, one institution and one representations and the first question i cant remember what that is!! The second part of the exam is the case study... this is where I get confused. All i know is that you should chose a topic.. i am doing broadcast and film fiction (other options are music) and then I THINK you chose a text such as in my case twilight, you then research into it and who produced it (institution) and other similar texts and you also look at other media platforms... i.e the twilight website and books and DVDS! Im really quite unsure about the case study which is worth 40% of the exam but i know you have 2 questions given to you and you only answer one, so at least you get a choice! Hope i helped.. message me if you want x To prepare for it I would recommend coming to terms with all the media terminology such as camera angles and things like 'the narrative' and also media theories i.e. levi strauss theory and todorov as well as laura mulveys male gaze theory!! From what i have gathered, in the exam they are looking for lots of terminology.. the more the better! so definitely make sure you know LOTS of it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking it - the resource material is audio-visual according to the WJEC website.
    Our class is preparing for this by doing past papers relating to audio-visual like technical codes, gender and looking at different representations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J W B)
    I'm taking it - the resource material is audio-visual according to the WJEC website.
    Our class is preparing for this by doing past papers relating to audio-visual like technical codes, gender and looking at different representations.
    Yeah I saw it on their site! What do you think will come for the representation question? I have a feeling national/regional identities will show up. What examples are you studying for it?

ReputationRep:
    I took the exam last year, I thought the exam itself wasn't too difficult! As long as you use media terms for example things like the different narrative codes, or theories etc. And as long as you know the texts in which you have to look in detail for! We did many different representations and how they are expressed though chosen texts. Its hard to tell you exactly what to do because each college and each teacher teaches in different ways and different things. Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what came up in january 2013?

ReputationRep:
    Youth came for Jan. have you guys been told which one is more likely to come for is for representation? I haven't started looking at any examples for anything yet. Which ones are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anushaarif)
    Youth came for Jan. have you guys been told which one is more likely to come for is for representation? I haven't started looking at any examples for anything yet. Which ones are you doing?
    My teacher predicts national/regional.

Im stressing bout this exam. I need 75/100+ for an A overall in media for uni. Ahhhhhhh!!!! Any tips? D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megfashion)

Im stressing bout this exam. I need 75/100+ for an A overall in media for uni. Ahhhhhhh!!!! Any tips? D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are you going to write if national/regional comes up? Any help appreicated!

ReputationRep:
    also could someone please explain stuart halls reception theory to me please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerrikerr94x)
    What are you going to write if national/regional comes up? Any help appreicated!
    Id talk bout skyfall film, eastenders n made in chelsea

I jst dunno how im going to get 75/100

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Id talk bout skyfall film, eastenders n made in chelsea

I jst dunno how im going to get 75/100

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is this your first attempt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerrikerr94x)
    is this your first attempt?
    second

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I myself and my teacher think that national and regional identities is going to come up too! I'm not even going to study for youth or events, let's hope national identities comes up. The only example i have is the Queen's Jubilee

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY need this A in media too! Does anyone know how to answer the audience questions and any tips on answering the first question on audio-visual?

ReputationRep:
    What context would national and regional representation come up? I'm sitting the exam on Monday, but our teachers have only went over the typical representations with us. I hope we get a good audio/visual text.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anushaarif)
    I myself and my teacher think that national and regional identities is going to come up too! I'm not even going to study for youth or events, let's hope national identities comes up. The only example i have is the Queen's Jubilee
    visitBritain website

uhm then i might talk bout boston bombings n how america reacted as a nation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatGatsby_)
    What context would national and regional representation come up? I'm sitting the exam on Monday, but our teachers have only went over the typical representations with us. I hope we get a good audio/visual text.
    how do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

now my 3rd time taking this exam -___- could those of you who know please clarify what national/regional representations are? Is it simply ethnicity or representation of events?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hello, if ethnicity does come up what sort of thing will you be writing? PLEASE HELP

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.