Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If a partner enters into a contract that the managing partner doesn't want to is the company liable or the individual partner

ReputationRep:
    Your question is too vague.

What type of contract, what for?

ReputationRep:
    Buying a car for business use, but the managing partner thought the price was excessive and didn't want to pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    If a partner enters into a contract that the managing partner doesn't want to is the company liable
    I think there is some confusion of terminology here. Companies don't have partners, partnerships have partners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    I think there is some confusion of terminology here. Companies don't have partners, partnerships have partners.

You're right, wasn't really thinking about it properly. Its a partnership, would the partnership itself be liable or would the individual partner be liable

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this question might be somewhat familiar to you.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2315887

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2315754

ReputationRep:
    That's strange, the second thread is the exact same question that I have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    That's strange, the second thread is the exact same question that I have.
    I wonder why that would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    I wonder why that would be?
    I lol'd!

ReputationRep:
    They're jointly liable, as a general rule. (If I remember my business organisations module correctly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecrimsonidol)
    They're jointly liable, as a general rule. (If I remember my business organisations module correctly)
    You've missed quite a big chunk of analysis leading up to that, i.e. whether the partnership is liable and then if it is how one would enforce that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    You've missed quite a big chunk of analysis leading up to that, i.e. whether the partnership is liable and then if it is how one would enforce that.
    I'm not here to write an essay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.