Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a really wierd body shape im a size 6 on top and a 24 inch waist but have these gigantic hips so im a size 10 on the bottom,

Most clothes make my hips look even bigger jeans are horrfific as I look like a house. Im just stuck as to what to wear ?? any suggestions?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anything that emphasises the waist, I think. So try belted dresses with an A-line bottom half if you want to disguise the size of your hips. On the other hand, you could always show your hips off (like Beyoncé who is bottom heavy) with high-waisted skinny jeans, capri pants, pencil skirts, etc. If you struggle with jeans, I find Topshop's Kristen jeans fit really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    I have a really wierd body shape im a size 6 on top and a 24 inch waist but have these gigantic hips so im a size 10 on the bottom,

Most clothes make my hips look even bigger jeans are horrfific as I look like a house. Im just stuck as to what to wear ?? any suggestions?
    Nothing wrong with child-bearing hips.
    :sexface:

I doubt you look like a house. -_-

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so long as you have a nice ass with those hips, you've got nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm size 6 on top, and 8/10 on the bottom and I pretty much live in dresses. Topshop do some pretty skater style dresses which are tight around the top, and loose around the hips and they always look pretty flattering. Likewise, I wear tops with high waisted skater style skirts a lot because it accentuates the waist.

If you're looking for jeans, the only jeans I've found that are really flattering are a pair of A&F jeans. They are definitely worth the money. Topshop/RI/H&M jeans always seem to be such a bad fit and like you say, unflattering.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem- my hips and thighs are the biggest part of my body but recently I have started to wear some dresses from urban outfitters- the babydoll style, that are slouchy and loose enough to disguise my hips but definitely don't look frumpy! You could try those, although they are better value when they are on sale! For jeans, I find the jeggings from marks and spencer are great and really flattering- granted M&S might not be the coolest place to shop () they fit me, and are high waisted enough to slim down my legs.
    Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried about your bum looking big or are short waisted then I'd avoid a high waist jean like the plague. Dresses and skirts are your best friend

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.