Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

feeling bad about test tomorrow watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    got my 2nd test tomorrow and i just feel like i'll fail again,i feel it's completely out of my control whether i pass or not, i think i'll make a stupid mistake like leave my indicator on or mess up my manoeuvre. I know its only my second test but i can't help but feel really negative any advice for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    got my 2nd test tomorrow and i just feel like i'll fail again,i feel it's completely out of my control whether i pass or not, i think i'll make a stupid mistake like leave my indicator on or mess up my manoeuvre. I know its only my second test but i can't help but feel really negative any advice for tomorrow?
    First of all just take a deeeeeeeeep breath it's only natural you're nervous about tomorrow, everyone thinks they're going to fail when they do their test. Just think though of all those really good driving lessons you've had, and try to think of your test as a chance for you to show off how good a driver you actually are. If you feel confident in yourself, this will hopefully show in your driving too! Best of luck for tomorrow xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    First of all just take a deeeeeeeeep breath it's only natural you're nervous about tomorrow, everyone thinks they're going to fail when they do their test. Just think though of all those really good driving lessons you've had, and try to think of your test as a chance for you to show off how good a driver you actually are. If you feel confident in yourself, this will hopefully show in your driving too! Best of luck for tomorrow xx
    thanks a lot i just feel like crap because i was actually quite confident on my first test and i still failed. I've sorted out what i failed on but i keep thinking i'll fail on something else

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot i just feel like crap because i was actually quite confident on my first test and i still failed. I've sorted out what i failed on but i keep thinking i'll fail on something else
    Most driving tests are based on luck on the day as well as how good a driver you are, so even if you do fail (which I have every confidence you won't) it does not necessarily mean that you're a bad driver, even though it can knock your confidence a bit. Have you thought about having your instructor with you in the car when you do your test? I had mine in the car when I did my test, and it was quite reassuring having her there, so that might help with your nerves?

ReputationRep:
    Deedee you will be great,you can do this. Keep really positive and upbeat (even if you feel like you're drowning). As someone else above said,its down to luck of the conditions on the road that day and the weather You will have a good safe drive with a positive outcome.

GOOD LUCK!!!! :crossedf:

We're all pulling for you

ReputationRep:
    Most driving tests are based on luck on the day as well as how good a driver you are, so even if you do fail (which I have every confidence you won't) it does not necessarily mean that you're a bad driver, even though it can knock your confidence a bit. Have you thought about having your instructor with you in the car when you do your test? I had mine in the car when I did my test, and it was quite reassuring having her there, so that might help with your nerves?

(Original post by xev bellringer)
    Deedee you will be great,you can do this. Keep really positive and upbeat (even if you feel like you're drowning). As someone else above said,its down to luck of the conditions on the road that day and the weather You will have a good safe drive with a positive outcome.

GOOD LUCK!!!! :crossedf:

We're all pulling for you
    thanks a lot girls, i'll do my best

ReputationRep:
    I felt exact the same...I failed my first test in February and my confidence was really knocked as I racked up 15 minors even though I thought I drove well. I took my second test today and passed. I tried to be as positive as possible but by the end of the test i was pretty sure that I had failed...even when the examiner took a minute to count the minors I was just thinking yep I've failed! Then he told me I passed and I couldn't believe it. For starters by feeling that you're going to fail even before the test has begun you're not doing yourself any favours, you need to have a positive attitude. Don't worry about if things go wrong, not all drivers are perfect and as long as you have some sort of accuracy, do observations etc you'll be fine. If you mess up just take a deep breath move forward and try to fix it. I got a bay park today and it went bad I went forward like twice and managed to get it done properly. I did get marked down for it but only 1 minor due to control which is fine by me! Try watching a couple YouTube vids on anything you're unsure of. I also recommend taking your instructor. If anything does go wrong dont panic, some examiners are lenient and aren't that harsh. Wish you the best of luck and hope you pass tomorrow..what time is your test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparklees)
    I felt exact the same...I failed my first test in February and my confidence was really knocked as I racked up 15 minors even though I thought I drove well. I took my second test today and passed. I tried to be as positive as possible but by the end of the test i was pretty sure that I had failed...even when the examiner took a minute to count the minors I was just thinking yep I've failed! Then he told me I passed and I couldn't believe it. For starters by feeling that you're going to fail even before the test has begun you're not doing yourself any favours, you need to have a positive attitude. Don't worry about if things go wrong, not all drivers are perfect and as long as you have some sort of accuracy, do observations etc you'll be fine. If you mess up just take a deep breath move forward and try to fix it. I got a bay park today and it went bad I went forward like twice and managed to get it done properly. I did get marked down for it but only 1 minor due to control which is fine by me! Try watching a couple YouTube vids on anything you're unsure of. I also recommend taking your instructor. If anything does go wrong dont panic, some examiners are lenient and aren't that harsh. Wish you the best of luck and hope you pass tomorrow..what time is your test?
    thanks im feeling a bit better now. It's at 12.43
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    thanks im feeling a bit better now. It's at 12.43
    Go to bed! You don't want to be tired for your test.

ReputationRep:
    Let us know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xev bellringer)
    deedee you will be great,you can do this. Keep really positive and upbeat (even if you feel like you're drowning). As someone else above said,its down to luck of the conditions on the road that day and the weather you will have a good safe drive with a positive outcome.

good luck!!!! :crossedf:

we're all pulling for you

(Original post by sparklees)
    i felt exact the same...i failed my first test in february and my confidence was really knocked as i racked up 15 minors even though i thought i drove well. I took my second test today and passed. I tried to be as positive as possible but by the end of the test i was pretty sure that i had failed...even when the examiner took a minute to count the minors i was just thinking yep i've failed! Then he told me i passed and i couldn't believe it. For starters by feeling that you're going to fail even before the test has begun you're not doing yourself any favours, you need to have a positive attitude. Don't worry about if things go wrong, not all drivers are perfect and as long as you have some sort of accuracy, do observations etc you'll be fine. If you mess up just take a deep breath move forward and try to fix it. I got a bay park today and it went bad i went forward like twice and managed to get it done properly. I did get marked down for it but only 1 minor due to control which is fine by me! Try watching a couple youtube vids on anything you're unsure of. I also recommend taking your instructor. If anything does go wrong dont panic, some examiners are lenient and aren't that harsh. Wish you the best of luck and hope you pass tomorrow..what time is your test?

(Original post by juno)
    go to bed! You don't want to be tired for your test.

let us know how it goes! :d
    passed !!

ReputationRep:
    passed !!
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    passed !!
    YEAHHHH well done!!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    passed !!
    There you go!!! I think it's perfectly natural to question yourself when you're feeling nervous to be honest. I was feeling confident and positive the whole week before my last test, then the night before and in the morning all these negative thoughts started flooding in. As soon as I got in the car though, everything changed and I drove my absolute best from the start of my lesson up to the end of the test.

Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    I have mine on tuesday at 10:14am...I am very nervous and worried... need to pass this as tis is taing over my life and everything is dependent on me passing...Please pray for me to PASS...

I think you just need to remember two things for the test
    1. ALWAYS remember what gear you are in....
    2. ALWAYS remember where you are and what you need to do for the area, road conditions...

My sister had hers on the tuesday gone same time, and she passed!! IT's her first time too... lol but I think the instructor will celebrating if I pass...as I am such a pain in the car haha.

What time is you test btw?? I think the morning time that me and my sis had/ve arre the best...not rush hour or school rush time.

ALL THE BEST, let me know how it goes hun...
    I'll be praying for you definately!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinkle K)
    I have mine on tuesday at 10:14am...I am very nervous and worried... need to pass this as tis is taing over my life and everything is dependent on me passing...Please pray for me to PASS...

I think you just need to remember two things for the test
    1. ALWAYS remember what gear you are in....
    2. ALWAYS remember where you are and what you need to do for the area, road conditions...

My sister had hers on the tuesday gone same time, and she passed!! IT's her first time too... lol but I think the instructor will celebrating if I pass...as I am such a pain in the car haha.

What time is you test btw?? I think the morning time that me and my sis had/ve arre the best...not rush hour or school rush time.

ALL THE BEST, let me know how it goes hun...
    I'll be praying for you definately!
    i had mine 12.43 today, i passed good luck!

ReputationRep:
    passed !!
    :party:

Well done:p::cool::cool::2euk48l::aetsch::ahee::afro::badger::banana2::banana::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::beerglass::beerglass::bl::borat::dance::dance::danceboy::dancing2:

:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

CONGRATULATIONS

ReputationRep:
    Woooo hooo!!! OMG!!! WEll DONEEEE Lol

What monevers did you do an what show me tell me qs did you get??

I just had my 90 mins lesson I even dread after those even today lol haha..

congrats once again

ReputationRep:
    passed !!

Told ya!!!! knew you could do it

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! Congratulations!!!!!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.