The Student Room Group

I hate as biology

Does this mean I will hate doing medicine, or is it that when you get there different. Obviously this question goes out to those who are currently doing medicine and have done Biology at A level.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Mo_maths
Does this mean I will hate doing medicine, or is it that when you get there different. Obviously this question goes out to those who are currently doing medicine and have done Biology at A level.
Thanks

Half of AS biology is to do with plants and animals, so no.
Reply 2
Original post by Mo_maths
Thanks

Nope, medicine is medicine and biology is biology.

Sure there are some overlaps, but A levels have very little in common with medical school :smile:
Reply 3
Then again the human biology concepts from A level i found very similar to pre-clinical medicine.
It depends. If it's the human biology bits that you're finding boring then yeah, you might not enjoy medicine much. I didn't like AS biology much either as it was all a bit plant and animal-ly, but A2 had a module on the human brain and it was all just a lot more enjoyable.
I bloody hated unit 2, and unit 4, ESPECIALLY the ecology oh god that was so crap, I'm loving unit 5 as its a lot of stuff about the body, just grit your teeth, learn it and regurgitate the information in the exams.
I am also doing AS biology and want to study medicine, but I must admit, I hate AS biology aswell, probably because of its content
If you hate ecology and plants you're fine. If you hate biochemistry and memorising lots of stuff you might dislike preclinical medschool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending