My chin/upper chest hurts after eating high fire sources Watch

AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I am not sure what is going on, if eat certain kinds of beans, bananas or minstastroni(sp) soup I get upper chest pains. The only thing I can think of is these all contain fibre.

Can anybody think what this may be? It could be indisgestion I suppose but why don't I get it if I eat burger and chips for example?
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Upper chest = where your stomach is.
People often think it's heart things when it's really just your tummy. Can't really give you any more info than it's a stomach thing rather than anything to do with your heart/lungs/chest etc
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
My chin/upper chest hurts after eating high fire sources
I think I know why

Sorry, totally not helpful at all.

Erm... try an antacid? If that doesn't work, then go to the doctor's, or perhaps try a pharmacist first
musicdreamer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sometimes when I eat something (haven't really noticed any specific foods that cause it) I get this feeling of tightness in my upper chest..like pressure I guess. It kind of feels like I can't breathe although I can. It lasts for about 30seconds or so I guess. The only cause that I can come up is eating too fast but I'm not sure. Anyway, I don't know if that's what you're experiencing or not..but it sounds somewhat similiar at least and an explanation would be nice.
quintsy
Badges: 3
Report 12 years ago
I thought this was a joke thread after I saw: "eating fire sources" in the title.

I'd visit you doctor if I were you. It's possible that because these foods are quite soft and easy to swallow, you're not chewing them enough before swallowing them and you're getting indigestion as a result. You could always try an antacid (as Talya suggested) like Rennies or Gaviscon which are available over the counter.

If it goes away as a result, it might still be an idea to mention it to your doctor, just to see if they have any suggestions for you. They also might be able to give you a prescription to an antacid, which'll probably work out cheaper than over the counter medication.

Good luck! I hope you feel better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise