Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Would it still be possible for me to study a Foreign Language (such as French) and Sociology at University with a C in English Language GCSE.

Quite worried about it, seeing as it's what I'm expected to get at GCSE level.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    From most language courses I've seen, getting a C in English Language is COMPLETELY FINE! As long as you get an A/B in your MFL at A-Level, the rest will be a doddle

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's excellent to hear, put my mind at rest. Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Samuel_)
    Ah, that's excellent to hear, put my mind at rest. Thanks a lot
    hi my other account called 'xscape' got banned if you could reply when you're next online to my pm through a quote or visitor message that'd be great thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Samuel_)
    Hello,

Would it still be possible for me to study a Foreign Language (such as French) and Sociology at University with a C in English Language GCSE.

Quite worried about it, seeing as it's what I'm expected to get at GCSE level.

Thanks.
    Most reputable unis just specify a C in English and Mathematics at GCSE. They look at alevel 100% more. For a good/reputable uni you need atleast a B grade or an A to study a foreign language, especially as a joint honours degree as you won't spend all your time just on the language.
    Hope that helps

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.