Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys. i have some queries regarding the application progress.

i want to apply to study in uk and start course in SEPT 2014. i have selected the universities and all. but in the "education" department, i have some problem.

Firstly, my GCSE English grade was "D" and as i know the requirement is C or above, so i am planning to give IELTS IF i get accepted in any university. So how am i going to tell them this? and (as i saw in some threads) if i dont mention any thing regarding ielts, they would send me a conditional offer. But seeing my GCSE GRADE, wont they think that i have failed their requirement of English language and would refuse me??

Scndly i need little help in writting personal statement how can i make it attractive?

Regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabish123)
    Hello guys. i have some queries regarding the application progress.

i want to apply to study in uk and start course in SEPT 2014. i have selected the universities and all. but in the "education" department, i have some problem.

Firstly, my GCSE English grade was "D" and as i know the requirement is C or above, so i am planning to give IELTS IF i get accepted in any university. So how am i going to tell them this? and (as i saw in some threads) if i dont mention any thing regarding ielts, they would send me a conditional offer. But seeing my GCSE GRADE, wont they think that i have failed their requirement of English language and would refuse me??

Scndly i need little help in writting personal statement how can i make it attractive?

Regards
    If you want to start Uni in Sept 2014 you don't need to apply yet. I think it'd be better if you signed up to do GCSE English, or an iGCSE and apply when the next cycle opens. That way, universities can see you're trying to get the GCSE grade.

ReputationRep:
    You can't apply for 2014 until September 2013.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Your plan is the wrong way round. Unis will rejec you if you don't have an acceptable English grade so you either need to take the IELTS before applying, or apply for the qualification so that you can list that you're about to take it. They can't send you a conditional offer if they don't know you're taking the subject.

However, IELTS is a qualification for international students and is therefore not normally accepted as a replacement for a GCSE. You will need to ask unis if they will accept this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Your plan is the wrong way round. Unis will rejec you if you don't have an acceptable English grade so you either need to take the IELTS before applying, or apply for the qualification so that you can list that you're about to take it. They can't send you a conditional offer if they don't know you're taking the subject.

However, IELTS is a qualification for international students and is therefore not normally accepted as a replacement for a GCSE. You will need to ask unis if they will accept this.

But i am an international students, i am from pakistan.
    so that means i have to give both, ielts and would have to reappear for my gcse eng language??? and then when should i apply, when i get my result or bfore that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    You can't apply for 2014 until September 2013.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but there is an option in "choices" section, in which we can choose the date when we want to start our semester, and sept 2014 is available in those choices :/

ReputationRep:
    but there is an option in "choices" section, in which we can choose the date when we want to start our semester, and sept 2014 is available in those choices :/
    Yes, if you're deffering, but it means you have to have all of your qualifications by August 2013.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhhh..

so in short, my next step should be that i appear for ielts (or re appear for igcse) and then apply through ucas application (2014), which starts in may/june. right?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhhh..

so in short, my next step should be that i appear for ielts (or re appear for igcse) and then apply through ucas application (2014), which starts in may/june. right?
    Starts in September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks everyone for your quick help services kind people are still alive

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.