The Student Room Group

KCL/Durham and Exeter/Kent

Hi everyone !

I applied to different universities' Liberal Arts programs, but thing is I can't make a choice ! King's College, Durham, Exeter and Kent accepted my application, so I was planning to choose either KCL or Durham on one hand, and on the other hand, either Exeter or Kent.

Do you have any advice ?
Thanks for your answers
Things to consider personally:
- which course you like best
- which campus you like best
- if you want to stay where/near you are living now

Things to consider educationally:
- which course is the best
- which university is the best
- job prospects afterwards

I've applied for a totally different course but that's basically what you're considering right! Look at the two courses you like the best then between them decide which university you'd prefer to stay at for 3 years but you need to take into account the university e.g. Kings is a good university. Being in London gives it a prestigious rep and you might be seen as more employable then if you went to Kent. However, you might prefer Kent's course and campus over KCL and want to go there, possibly reducing your degree 'respectability' that KCL may provide.

It all depends on what you want from your university

Personally I chose based on the universities that are the best overall and then the course I liked the best. I didn't really care about location (although I applied mostly out of London because that's where I live) because I think education is more important than the location.
Reply 2
Thank you ! I finally chose Kings College as my firm choice and Exeter as my insurance choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest