Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing 4 a levels and predicted 4 A's. Does the extra A-level qualify me to a course which is looking for an A* and 2 A's or will they only look at my top 3?

Any replies would be helpful, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Usually in the conditional offer universities may state a specific grade in a subject but if its based on ucas points it should be fine however quote prestigious universities set a* requirements they're actually want that A* but good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleac)
    I am currently doing 4 a levels and predicted 4 A's. Does the extra A-level qualify me to a course which is looking for an A* and 2 A's or will they only look at my top 3?

Top 3. You'll need to have an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Some courses will overlook if you take 4 A-Levels. For example, Nottingham's Economics course says that if you are taking 4 all to A2, A*ABB/AABB is sufficient, but if you're only taking 3 to A2, A*AA/AAA is needed :P

It's all about checking the uni's entry requirements for the course you wanna do & whether they allow a 4th to 'even out' the other A-Levels!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for the replies!

I have checked the entry requirements and it looks like il have to try for an A* haha! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleac)

Well they are looking i for an a* in a subject. e.g in natural sciences degree they want an a* in chemistry maths or physics ect. not 4 a's because they want to be specially qualified in maths or an science hope that helps try to get 2 a*'s lol i got 4

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.