Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bad reputation on TSR? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does it mean that I'm a troll , horrible person? . Each time when I make new threads they get removed and I always get warnings for things I didn't say.
    Well I suppose there are heroes and villians .:confused:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by lol_i_kill_u)
    YEAH
    Keep the "Yeah"s in your Yeah thread.

Does it mean that I'm a troll , horrible person? . Each time when I make new threads they get removed and I always get warnings for things I didn't say.
    Well I suppose there are heroes and villians
    Reputation really isn't important. Having said that, if your threads keep getting removed, you must be doing something wrong (or a moderator just really, really hates you). Maybe think about what you're about to say a little more before pressing enter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Keep the "Yeah"s in your Yeah thread.

Reputation really isn't important. Having said that, if your threads keep getting removed, you must be doing something wrong (or a moderator just really, really hates you). Maybe think about what you're about to say a little more before pressing enter?
    But honestly I think its bull**** because ain't what freedom of speech is about ? , you know express our opinions be it disagreeing with other members , but for someone to just give a negative rating is just bang out of order really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Lucifer)
    It means you're a troll... Just kidding. Who cares? Just make another account if it bothers you that much
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    But honestly I think its bull**** because ain't what freedom of speech is about ? , you know express our opinions be it disagreeing with other members , but for someone to just give a negative rating is just bang out of order really.
    Freedom of speech doesn't exist. If what you're saying is purposely meant to offend, hurt or otherwise make someone unnecessarily feel uncomfortable, of course you're going to be penalized for it. The Student Room's primary purpose is to create a safe, friendly environment for students to discuss things. Obviously, there are going to be rules. If you want a messageboard where you can get away with whatever you want to say, give 4chan a try.

ReputationRep:
    We live in an ultra-sensetive society which yields the axe of domineering behaviour.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    It's what employers look at over anything else I'm afraid, green gems are employability proofs.

Alternatively you can use them to chat people up in bars: 'Hey I've got more green pixels than anyone else here, lets go'.

To be honest, red gems just mean you express opinions most people don't agree with and you don't get enough first page comments on silly threads where wit is all that matters. It's really no big deal, and easily reversed.

ReputationRep:
    yeah
    uh no

ReputationRep:
    yeah
    Nooo

ReputationRep:
    yeah
    :mad::p:):eek:
    #
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No

ReputationRep:
    if a prospective employer sees negative rep then its curtains for you i'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    Was there one particular post you got a load of neg for? Sometimes things get misinterpreted. If you post us the link to your most-negged post, we can give you tips on how to avoid future similar incidents. This is a much-loved hobby around here, so it will be no trouble.

ReputationRep:
    It means your comments are mostly controversial and most people don't agree with you. Either that or your comments are simply silly.

ReputationRep:
    It can be quite difficult to ascertain whether or not negative reputation on TSR is a reflection on the user for example Hitler would probably have a bad reputation on TSR and in case he was a bad person but someone who has strong opinions on immigration policy (not immigrant hating xenophobes they are bad people) could also possibly have a bad reputation but that certainly doesn't make them a bad person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Was there one particular post you got a load of neg for? Sometimes things get misinterpreted. If you post us the link to your most-negged post, we can give you tips on how to avoid future similar incidents. This is a much-loved hobby around here, so it will be no trouble.
    Yeah I made a thread about USA and North Korea because of the nuclear issues and I asked "who would win if North Korea started a war" . I received a warning of making spam threads and now the thread was removed for no reason whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    YEAH
    Just four letters, but for me this is one of the funniest posts I've seen on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    It can be quite difficult to ascertain whether or not negative reputation on TSR for example Hitler would probably have a bad reputation on TSR and in case he was a bad person but someone who has strong opinions on immigration policy (not immigrant hating xenophobes they are bad people) could also possibly have a bad reputation but that certainly doesn't make them a bad person.
    I agree and that being said , having a bad rep on here it can hinder your chances of making new friends and I'm not going to show it to any of my friends let alone my employer .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I made a thread about USA and North Korea because of the nuclear issues and I asked "who would win if North Korea started a war" . I received a warning of making spam threads and now the thread was removed for no reason whatsoever.
    Hmmm. OK. Can you remember your exact words?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    i swear to ****ing god i will kill you
    woops we've got Dexter on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Hmmm. OK. Can you remember your exact words?
    lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.