ReputationRep:
    Is the 1m timer thing on messages an anti-spam feature? Can it not please please please be deactivated for subs?

Seriously, I pay to use this site. :mad: It really is frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Is the 1m timer thing on messages an anti-spam feature? Can it not please please please be deactivated for subs?

I believe that will be the reason for the restriction for anything along these lines. At a guess it may not be an immediately straightforward thing to change, but if it's easily done I can't see any great reason why not to offer this as a small extra perk for subs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    What are you on about?
    Try sending someone a PM. Then, within a minute, try sending another one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I believe that will be the reason for the restriction for anything along these lines. At a guess it may not be an immediately straightforward thing to change, but if it's easily done I can't see any great reason why not to offer this as a small extra perk for subs.
    It would be so nice - it's horrible for us fast typists.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Try sending someone a PM. Then, within a minute, try sending another one.
    Oh, that. It happens when you're posting on the forum as well, kinda annoying I guess

ReputationRep:
    I think it would just be easier to use Skype, Facebook messenger, kik etc. if you want to talk to lots of people quite quickly from TSR. You could even create a throwaway account if you want to stay anon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    I think it would just be easier to use Skype, Facebook messenger, kik etc. if you want to talk to lots of people quite quickly from TSR. You could even create a throwaway account if you want to stay anon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The integration is useful, I don't like moving around all the time between packages, also it's more fun to have this like a little enclosed world.

It's just an annoyance really.

ReputationRep:
    The integration is useful, I don't like moving around all the time between packages, also it's more fun to have this like a little enclosed world.

It's just an annoyance really.
    Not as annoying as people ignoring your PM's altogether

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjf8)
    Not as annoying as people ignoring your PM's altogether
    I get so many, it's hard to keep track. :smug:

ReputationRep:
    I get so many, it's hard to keep track. :smug:
    Well, when you get a minute, then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

How much do you pay?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by a729)
    How much do you pay?
    £3.99 for the first month, down to £2.99 if renewing I believe.

As for the timer delays - it'll be anti-spamming precautions, it's a slight pain if you are a fast typer and replying to multiple conversations, but it is generally for the good of the site, makes it easier for mods to clear up after spammers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

As for the timer delays - it'll be anti-spamming precautions, it's a slight pain if you are a fast typer and replying to multiple conversations, but it is generally for the good of the site, makes it easier for mods to clear up after spammers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure, but can they not at least program a feature that allows subs to be excluded? After all, it's not particularly likely that subs, who have paid to use the site, will be using it for a quick spam, or even if that does happen, presumably those few that do can quickly be clobbered. It's incredibly irritating and frankly spoils half the fun of the site.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not too tuned up with programming websites, so I can't say whether it would or not - as far as I know, that is built into the forum software, which would make it rather tricky to disable I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

"I pay for this site" is not really a valid argument. It's there for a reason, lots of forums use such a thing. I'm sure you can wait one whole minute in between posting, it won't kill you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    "I pay for this site" is not really a valid argument. It's there for a reason, lots of forums use such a thing. I'm sure you can wait one whole minute in between posting, it won't kill you.
    But, surely in terms of user satisfaction and enjoyment (which I'm assuming TSR values pretty highly?), this is just one of many important issues needing to be raised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Are you kidding? A whole minute?? Sheesh, you must have some time on your hands.

Anyway, it's not the only annoyance - the site is riddled with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it worth it??

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding? A whole minute?? Sheesh, you must have some time on your hands.

Anyway, it's not the only annoyance - the site is riddled with them.
    This is hardly what I'd call an annoyance.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.