Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know it could happen here. Maybe in the Eastern countries this is acceptable but not here :mad:.
    At least in Britains glory days, the parents would keep them under control. But now noone can. I was barely 2 metres out of my flat last night when I saw a crowd of them swagger past in mid-croft exposing tops. One had a skirt up barely over underwears. I let them pass by without comment, but afterwards I've been having regrets. There's a nursery nearby, and now I'm sorry that I didn't educate them about the effect their clothing can have on impressionable young children. Should I have intervened? Or is it the responsibility of the government, who let these people leave home without making sure that they are respectable ?

ReputationRep:
    There wouldn't have been anyone in the nursery at night.

They wouldn't have listened to you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplerainn)
    There wouldn't have been anyone in the nursery at night.

They wouldn't have listened to you anyway.
    You don't understand, it was a night-nursery. You're aware of the boarding school concept, right? These guys had no respect for anyone in the area, they should have been moved on, and evicted if they keep up this sort of behaviour.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You've got no right to tell other people what to wear. You may not like it, but tough. It's their choice. I don't like it either, but it's absolutely not my right to condemn the clothing of others.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.