Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey y'all!

Is it just me who is contracting carpel tunnel syndrome from all this computer-based socializing? Wouldn't it be nicer to just have a good old-fashioned Skype? I'll add any takers to my Skype contact list, incoming freshman to current student, so we can have some amazing face-to-face convos on Bristol, accommodation, and everything in between! Reply if you are down!

We can even schedule some group chats via Google or whatnot at a set time. Imagine the possibilities, guys. Video cams rule!

A third thing, and probably the least important, is that I'm pretty virgin to England and British culture and would appreciate a few tips here and there. Other than backpacking through Ireland for 2 weeks and Scotland for one, I've only seen London for five days....during the Queen's Jubilee! Now that can't be representative of ordinary everyday life in England, can it?

Anticipating new Skype buddies soon!

Warmly,
    Sarah from Austin

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sarah! I'm actually not British, but would love to video chat Except I have exams all of next month, so probably after that.

What are you going to study at Bristol? Are you an undergrad student? My skype name is lavanya_mane (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by American Gypsy)
    Hey y'all!

Is it just me who is contracting carpel tunnel syndrome from all this computer-based socializing? Wouldn't it be nicer to just have a good old-fashioned Skype? I'll add any takers to my Skype contact list, incoming freshman to current student, so we can have some amazing face-to-face convos on Bristol, accommodation, and everything in between! Reply if you are down!

We can even schedule some group chats via Google or whatnot at a set time. Imagine the possibilities, guys. Video cams rule!

A third thing, and probably the least important, is that I'm pretty virgin to England and British culture and would appreciate a few tips here and there. Other than backpacking through Ireland for 2 weeks and Scotland for one, I've only seen London for five days....during the Queen's Jubilee! Now that can't be representative of ordinary everyday life in England, can it?

Anticipating new Skype buddies soon!

Warmly,
    Sarah from Austin
    Hey, I might be coming to Bristol this autumn (debating between Bristol and Manchester). My skype name is llthheaven (those are "Ls", not "1s") feel free to add me

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lavii! I'll be doing English, History and Philosophy. Can't wait to chat!

Julius, you've been added!

Thanks y'all,
    Sarah

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm coming to Bristol in September as well
    I know this is a very late reply, but the skype idea sounds cool! My username is kishan500, feel free to add me [Although I probably won't have much time to chat till after exams]

I've lived in the UK all my life so I guess I know a thing or 2 about British culture etc :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystogan.)
    Hey everyone! I'm coming to Bristol in September as well
    I know this is a very late reply, but the skype idea sounds cool! My username is kishan500, feel free to add me [Although I probably won't have much time to chat till after exams]

I've lived in the UK all my life so I guess I know a thing or 2 about British culture etc :rolleyes:
    Found ourselves a Brit! We'll probably update this once exams are done, see you then

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am currently studying in the uni for the foundation course but will be doing geography this Sep.
    If you've got any questions I'll try my best answering them

Stephanie

ReputationRep:
    Hey Stephanie,

Thanks for replying! Feel free to add me: sarahnoelle77

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.