Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am in lower 6th and have done maths A level since year 11 as I took maths GCSE a year early. I have the option of completing my entire maths A level whilst I do my AS exams. I am confident with the majority but I have 15 exams overall and because I have gone through the course particularly quickly I am struggling with C4. I know many of you would reply saying just to go do it and resit if necessary but I'm applying for Oxford so I don't want a 50-60% on my UCAS. If I just don't turn up to the exam do I get a U or just no grade at all. Would be useful to know so that I can either let my school know so that i am removed for the exam or just leave it and see whether i am more confident by the date of the exam. Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    I would ask to move it, I think in maths you have to at least turn up, I think you will fail the course otherwise (I don't need any more marks to get an A so this came up in conversation and my teacher said I didn't have to write anything but I have to attend the exam) I think if you skip the exam or don't write anything you will get a U which definitely doesn't look good for Oxford! I know people doing more than 15 exams so I think you will be fine (: just keep up the revision and good luck (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I able to say I am ill on the day. Ideally I would have the option to sit it or not right up until the exam. Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    You'd be given an 'X'. Essentially, they'll just calculate your A level total without the ums from C4.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true but I would be able to sit C4 next year so my A level grade this year would be irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    A 50-60% is better than a 0. If you have an interview they will probably chase you out on this and I doubt 'I don't want to do it' will be a good excuse.

Talk to your exams officer about it cause if you don't show up, I wouldn't blame if the teachers + him/her will be happy and will probably mention it on your reference. Not showing up to an exam is for cowards, either get it cancelled officially or do it. Suck it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobGardiner7)
    Hey, I am in lower 6th and have done maths A level since year 11 as I took maths GCSE a year early. I have the option of completing my entire maths A level whilst I do my AS exams. I am confident with the majority but I have 15 exams overall and because I have gone through the course particularly quickly I am struggling with C4. I know many of you would reply saying just to go do it and resit if necessary but I'm applying for Oxford so I don't want a 50-60% on my UCAS. If I just don't turn up to the exam do I get a U or just no grade at all. Would be useful to know so that I can either let my school know so that i am removed for the exam or just leave it and see whether i am more confident by the date of the exam. Thanks everyone
    You will get an overall A level grade which will be worse because you didn't do C4. (If you are at private school they might be prepared to withdraw you and the request for an overall grade, if you are at a state school they are unlikely to do so as it has funding implications. However, why are you doing 15 exams - that suggests that you are doing at least 7 AS levels. What is the point?

ReputationRep:
    30 lashes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.