Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is all a bit of fun and isn't meant to be taken too seriously.

Soon I'm having a circumcision and it's a bit of a sensitive topic so I'd rather not tell my friends. But I'm taking a week off college to recover after it, and I'll need an excuse. So, can anyone give me a 'cool' disease I could have? Nothing disgusting like chronic diarrhea or an STI as my girlfriend is going to be fine

The ideas I've had so far are appendicitis (but I'd need a scar) kidney stones, and bronchitis. Anyone else got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Gastroenteritis?

ReputationRep:
    aids............................ ..scare

ReputationRep:
    Sudden Onset Kluver-Bucy Syndrome.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I've never heard of any 'cool' diseases, the word itself dis-ease means it causes discomfort. If you think diseases are cool, then I'm worried.

(Original post by consumed by stuff)
    aids............................ ..scare
    I love your enthusiasm but not quite :L

ReputationRep:
    This is actually Kim Jong-un trying to decide which biological weapon to attack us with.

(Original post by Eloades11)
    I've never heard of any 'cool' diseases, the word itself dis-ease means it causes discomfort. If you think diseases are cool, then I'm worried.
    Put it this way...a disease that would evoke sympathy rather than one which would make people want to stay away from me.

ReputationRep:
    Rabies. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    food poisoning

(Original post by AvocatDuDiable)
    This is actually Kim Jong-un trying to decide which biological weapon to attack us with.
    Attachment 208477

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emre944)
    Rabbies. :cool:
    He probably wants one that he could survive

How about the plague? Big, scary, but easily treatable with antibiotics in the 21st century

(Original post by Sir Fox)
    He probably wants one that he could survive

How about the plague? Big, scary, but easily treatable with antibiotics in the 21st century
    I don't think anyone would buy that though, and I couldn't say it with a straight face! And they'd want to see my buboes.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Put it this way...a disease that would evoke sympathy rather than one which would make people want to stay away from me.
    I'm still not convinced, but whatever floats your boat. All patients with major diseases get my sympathy. If you're off for a week recovering, that would imply that you're either infectious (eg. shingles) or undergoing surgery. You could say you broke 20 bones in your body and recovering by surgery.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    H7N9

Just kidding. This is the best suggestion so far...

(Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    food poisoning
    Simple but effective.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, if you're uncomfortable about saying you had an circumcision, how are you going to tell you're future girlfriend, anyway, what's wrong with saying you had a circumcision, no need to go into detail. and why is it embrassing, is it because all too many refer it to a Judaism thing? Just tell them, they will probably laugh and won't believe you. They won't want to see proof. And also their is no thing as a cool disease. I have type 1 diabetes, IBS and slight autism, that is not cool, that is effing horrible. You don't mean diseases, I think you mean minor problems and for that you can say, your retina detached, no need for proof, and they is treated with laser. Ps, also had this done! Or that you had a bowline fracture in the ankle, easily and quickly solved. Or just say, you had things to do! Good luck with your little chap, hope I didn't come across as an ********, that's the autism for you.

(Original post by Sphodromantis)
    Dude, if you're uncomfortable about saying you had an circumcision, how are you going to tell you're future girlfriend, anyway, what's wrong with saying you had a circumcision, no need to go into detail. and why is it embrassing, is it because all too many refer it to a Judaism thing? Just tell them, they will probably laugh and won't believe you. They won't want to see proof. And also their is no thing as a cool disease. I have type 1 diabetes, IBS and slight autism, that is not cool, that is effing horrible. You don't mean diseases, I think you mean minor problems and for that you can say, your retina detached, no need for proof, and they is treated with laser. Ps, also had this done! Or that you had a bowline fracture in the ankle, easily and quickly solved. Or just say, you had things to do! Good luck with your little chap, hope I didn't come across as an ********, that's the autism for you.
    I have a current girlfriend and she's fine with it, and I've no issue with it with girls in the future - it's just my group of friends can be described as rambunctious and they'd all want to know why etc., it's an issue I'd rather not force.

Yeah I was worried about coming over as insensitive (I myself have been victim to a few nasty diseases, one dermatological condition in particular which was painful and hideously embarrassing), sorry if I caused offence.

Cheers for all your advice though, I do appreciate that!

ReputationRep:
    I have a current girlfriend and she's fine with it, and I've no issue with it with girls in the future - it's just my group of friends can be described as rambunctious and they'd all want to know why etc., it's an issue I'd rather not force.

Yeah I was worried about coming over as insensitive (I myself have been victim to a few nasty diseases, one dermatological condition in particular which was painful and hideously embarrassing), sorry if I caused offence.

Cheers for all your advice though, I do appreciate that!
    I totally understand you, I didn't know that they where rambunctious, I see what you mean! And well done with the ladies. I was just worried as all. I have had to lie a few times about issues of rather not discuss there. And you didn't offend me, it's just that diseases usually involve a lot of follow up, I mean the worst I have done is told a gal I had a stroke, that was effort and I am not proud of that. So before people list off random diseases, it would be minor cases. I hope the diseases have subsided for you, You could say, you was hit by a car or something, or fell of a bike or owt and had to go in for scans to check in your well being. But anyways good luck and I hope we cool and that you manage it well!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone would buy that though, and I couldn't say it with a straight face! And they'd want to see my buboes.
    No blisters necessarily ... and you said it's not to be taken too seriously

ReputationRep:
    freckle removal?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.