The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by sarahthegemini
I never said one was worse than the other, I just said it's painful for a woman despite having no penis :rolleyes: It doesn't matter where our 'sensitive bits' are, it's stil ****ing painful. Christ :lolwut:

Its not getting hit in the penis that hurts. Its the ball sack.

The equvilant of if you got kicked in the ovaries probably, yet, those are inside you, not outside, as you only have limited supply. Whereas as long as nothing is damaged, we can carry on producing.

Getting hit hard in the clitoris can't be a great feeling though, considering it has more nerve endings than the penis's head does, but to be honest, you have less of a chance of getting hit in that area, than a guy getting hit in the balls. More protected.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Steevee
We men seem to talk in far less detail about sex than women.

In my experience, it seems pretty natural for women to describe sex in a much higher level of detail to each other than men ever do. For us it normally comes down to

'So, did you shag?'
*Yeah*
'Good?'
*Yeah, not bad*

Maybe there will be a mention if something particularly good happened, or something a little odd, but that's about it. Whereas it seems to me a lot of women seem to give their friends full reviews :eek:

Although maybe I just have some over inquisitive female friends :cool:

So true!

when i lost my V, afterwards i was straight on the phone to my bestie to tell her every tiny detail, then she did the same when she did it.

Its something we tend to share in slightly less detail as we get older though i think.

Sorry guys! :colondollar:

If its any consolation , most girls want to impress their friends, so the friends rarely learn any bad parts.
Original post by DenzelRyder
Deleting history is more important than making it :smile:

:congrats: :rofl: Bravo mate, best post in this thread. Burst out laughing as soon as I read it
Original post by HmMusic
There are many things that girls do that I know guys will never understand, because I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT MYSELF. For example:

Just how disgusting girls' toilets can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont sit on the loo seat, but i clean up after myself if there is any mess, which after many years of practice there rarely is.

And i clean and women's loos definatly have more poo in them and occasionally blood on the seats too. :frown:

And then women who put sanitary pads down the toilet :angry: :angry: :angry:
Guys will never understand

how satisfying a new pair of shoes can be

That it genuinely is more comfortable to go clubbing in a skirt/minidress because clubs y'know are ****ing boiling.

Why we wear heels

Why chocolate is essential to our happiness and wellbeing (especially at that time of the month)

That pms is real, and sometimes the mood swings uncontrollable

The terror that one day we may have to have an episiotimy when we give birth.
Original post by sarahthegemini
I never said men don't feel pain, I was saying men don't understand that for women, despite not having a penis, getting hit is still painful :rolleyes:

Well, I already knew that it was painful if you got hit really hard but I guess I'm not sure why. For us it's the testicles.
Reply 546
Original post by kunoichi
Guys will never understand

how satisfying a new pair of shoes can be

That it genuinely is more comfortable to go clubbing in a skirt/minidress because clubs y'know are ****ing boiling.

Why we wear heels

Why chocolate is essential to our happiness and wellbeing (especially at that time of the month)

That pms is real, and sometimes the mood swings uncontrollable

The terror that one day we may have to have an episiotimy when we give birth.

I'm a guy and love chocolate!

As for high heels, in my opinion, more pain than they are worth. Yes, they make your legs look "slightly" better and add height, but just not worth the pain, and the annoyance.
Original post by Jimbo1234
You're confusing hobbies with jobs. Take DJs for example. How many women DJs are there compared to male? Even Directing is biased in that sense.

But I am being serious. Many women have few hobbies. They say they have tons when in reality, they thought about doing those things once, or did them for a week at a push.

I have been horse riding since before i could walk and have never stopped, doing martial arts for 4 years, recently started really really enjoying cooking, i really enjoy reading and always have done, i did about 4 years of sailing, and ive recently begun teaching myself some languages. I also game.

So what was that about girls with no hobbies again?
Original post by Kage
I'm a guy and love chocolate!

As for high heels, in my opinion, more pain than they are worth. Yes, they make your legs look "slightly" better and add height, but just not worth the pain, and the annoyance.

They make you feel sexy

and im 5ft i need the height :frown:

Oreo chocolate is the best! :biggrin:
Original post by Kage
Okay madam. I never said it didn't. Getting hit on the head hurts too by the way, as does anywhere else

No **** sherlock :rolleyes: I'll say it again as clearly some of you lot are retarded - men underestimate how painful a knocked vag can be. The end :rolleyes:
I have been horse riding since before i could walk and have never stopped, doing martial arts for 4 years, recently started really really enjoying cooking, i really enjoy reading and always have done, i did about 4 years of sailing, and ive recently begun teaching myself some languages. I also game.

So what was that about girls with no hobbies again?

Ah, someone else who thinks being pedantic wins an argument :rolleyes: Well it doesn't. Sure, you might do that, but how many girls do those sports? Horse riding is female dominated, but not exactly common is it? Sailing is 90% guys and so is martial arts, and I only know of one girl who can cook (and I mean cook, not bake).
But I'm sure you will try to argue that you live in some magical exception where girls do 99% of everything which you will know to be crap and that it boils down to one of two things; a) you live in a unique/privileged area/had a privileged upbringing, b) you have seen first hand the imbalance in these hobbies but feel the need to somehow defend your gender rather than point out harsh truths.
A few facts about boobs...
No matter how small, they are not comfy to lay on.
Getting hit/pushed/punched/flicked/squeezed-a-bit-too-hard in the boob reeeeally hurts!!
Erect nipples cannot be avoided... The awkward bra which you can see your erect nipple through is always the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lala_1234
A few facts about boobs...
No matter how small, they are not comfy to lay on.
Getting hit/pushed/punched/flicked/squeezed-a-bit-too-hard in the boob reeeeally hurts!!
Erect nipples cannot be avoided... The awkward bra which you can see your erect nipple through is always the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whaaaaat? My boobs are comfy to lay on :s
Agree about getting flicked etc though, ouch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eliza.anne
Whaaaaat? My boobs are comfy to lay on :s
Agree about getting flicked etc though, ouch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So are mine
Reply 554
Original post by Rybee
I'd say for men it has to be the unwritten rule of who uses what urinal in the toilets.

A very quick explanation of urinal etiquette:

If somebody is using a urinal on the left (person 1), you must use the urinal that is the furthest away on the right (person 2). The next person should then use the middle urinal (person 3).

If a fourth person comes in and wants to go to the 2nd urinal in between urinals 1 and 3 (occupied by person 1 and 3) then they must resort to using cubicle, without making it obvious they they never intended to use the cubicle. They must make it quite clear to all men in the toilet, that they wished to use the cubicle from the moment they stepped in the toilet. However, if the cubicle is not free then they must wait for either person 1,2 or 3 to shake out and step down and take their place. NOT another one such as urinal 2 or 4, as this will be directly next to person 1, 2 or 3. If they were to do this, then when person 5 walks in, they will not be able to use urinal 3 or 4, since they will be peeing directly next to the person in urinals 2 or 5.

Or, they must wait for the cubicle to become free.

You must also look at the wall directly in front of you, as if you're examining it for cracks. You must only look down when you've stopped urinating and have progressed onto the shake. Too much shaking is forbidden, that's a sign of masturbation.

Although peeking is not strictly forbidden, it is definitely forbidden to get caught peeking. Us males have to 'size up' the competition so peeking will always happen. Even if you think that you did not get peeking at somebody who is very well endowed, he WILL know that you've peeked. When you walk past, you'll give each other 'the nod'. This is his way of saying 'look mate, I know you peeked - you know what I'm packing, so let's mention no more on this topic'.

Alternatively, you can walk out and say to your mates 'oh my god I was standing at the urinals and this dude just came in and peed right next to me, he had the smallest knob too, he was pretty much peeing in my urinal, I didn't peek but he was just so close. Look, that's him there' (then point to the guy) This puts you at a higher level in status of being an Alpha Male, but you do risk being confronted about making these claims.

This isn't even right. Using the middle urinal is perfectly acceptable when there are no others otherwise you're letting everyone know that you're insecure.

And no, no one ever, ever peeks and then goes outside to talk to their friends about another guys dick. That's something a ****ing schoolgirl would do.
Ah, someone else who thinks being pedantic wins an argument :rolleyes: Well it doesn't. Sure, you might do that, but how many girls do those sports? Horse riding is female dominated, but not exactly common is it? Sailing is 90% guys and so is martial arts, and I only know of one girl who can cook (and I mean cook, not bake).
But I'm sure you will try to argue that you live in some magical exception where girls do 99% of everything which you will know to be crap and that it boils down to one of two things; a) you live in a unique/privileged area/had a privileged upbringing, b) you have seen first hand the imbalance in these hobbies but feel the need to somehow defend your gender rather than point out harsh truths.

Horse riding is hugely common, i dont know many people who havent at least tried it, and ive met hundreds of people through pony clubs, riding clubs, working on different yards, both male and female. (I will admit that i live in the country, if you live in the city, it wont be as common)

Martial arts is attracting more females, and the dojo local to me has several girls who go and the junior class of the other one is mostly made up of girls. My friend's taekwondo class is mostly girls.

I know plenty of girls who can cook properly. A load of us got into it when we moved out/went to uni.

The only one i feel you are right about is the sailing, where it is dominated by guys.

i think girls in the country are far more likely to have a decent amount of hobbies and i genuinely can only think of one friend who doesnt do any hobbies whatseoever (unless you count shopping, which i dont :rolleyes:)
I dont know many girls from the city but i imagine there isnt much to do.

Im also assuming you live in the city, because i cant imagine many girls in the countryside with no hobbies whatsoever. if you're finding that i imagine the girls you hang out with are the clubbing, shopping sort, sorry :/
Horse riding is hugely common, i dont know many people who havent at least tried it, and ive met hundreds of people through pony clubs, riding clubs, working on different yards, both male and female. (I will admit that i live in the country, if you live in the city, it wont be as common)

Unique/privileged upbringing.

Martial arts is attracting more females, and the dojo local to me has several girls who go and the junior class of the other one is mostly made up of girls. My friend's taekwondo class is mostly girls.

Unique/privileged upbringing and male dominated.
I have only met three girl who did martial arts, only one carried on after 12.

I know plenty of girls who can cook properly. A load of us got into it when we moved out/went to uni.

Rule of thumb, when a girl says she can cook, she can't cook for ****. What do you cook exactly?

The only one i feel you are right about is the sailing, where it is dominated by guys.

i think girls in the country are far more likely to have a decent amount of hobbies and i genuinely can only think of one friend who doesnt do any hobbies whatseoever (unless you count shopping, which i dont :rolleyes:)
I dont know many girls from the city but i imagine there isnt much to do.

Where have you lived exactly? :curious:

Im also assuming you live in the city, because i cant imagine many girls in the countryside with no hobbies whatsoever. if you're finding that i imagine the girls you hang out with are the clubbing, shopping sort, sorry :/

Or I have lived in more places than you have and met far more people. This is what I'm betting my money on.
Reply 557
Original post by Kaisha
Not yet, but it was definitely the bottom of the cup I was feeling rather than just the stem. Ill probably do that before next time though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you had a mooncup, they're quite large. It's probably not the right cup for you as there are different brands and shapes. If you had problems with the bottom of the cup you either need a shorter one, or a more pointy one. The old old MeLuna would be perfect for you but they don't make that any more :-(

Original post by whitesky
Googled it, got so far as reading this review which made me laugh. I'm either incredibly tired so it seems more funny than it really is but the images it created in my head are priceless.

"I love it, my partner loves it, and my friends have all rushed out to buy their own. Nothing could have changed my life more in such a profound way than this simple but amazing little device! Only problem is taking it out for sexytime with my partner, which cannot be done with gay abandon like with a tampon, as the result would be walls, floors and ceilings splashed with blood."

So what if you have to clean it in a public place?... Do you just casually wander over and rinse your bodily fluids down the sink or something? To be fair I haven't read how it works so I could be way out but... looovely! :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not messy to remove. At first it can be but you soon learn how to do it.

And they don't usually need emptying during the day, unless you have a really small cup or a heavy flow. But if so wiping with tissue is sufficient, or I've heard some people take a bottle of water to use.

Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Sounds good but like. :colondollar: Are you never worried it'll like. tip over? :eek: I don't even know if that's possible.

it's not possible.

Posted from Juno's amazing phone
Unique/privileged upbringing.

You dont need to be privilaged to horse ride, for a bit i worked on a yard in return for free lessons, anyone could do that. Currently im earning about 500, once i get another job and that goes up to 700 per month, i will be able to afford to pay for a horse, so it doesnt need to be massively expensive either.

Unique/privileged upbringing and male dominated.
I have only met three girl who did martial arts, only one carried on after 12.

Must be the people you talk to then, i know plenty of all ages

Rule of thumb, when a girl says she can cook, she can't cook for ****. What do you cook exactly?

Pretty much anything except fish because i dont like it, although i do squid. Currently working my way through Jamie's italy and The hairy Dieters. Ive had nothing but compliments for my cooking, even when i think its been crap.

Where have you lived exactly? :curious:

Im not really willing to disclose my location, i used to live in a small country town, now i live in a bigger country town, in the County of Gloucestershire which is apparently an extremely horsey county which is explains the abundance of people with that hobby i guess.

Or I have lived in more places than you have and met far more people. This is what I'm betting my money on.

very likely, but i still struggle to believe so few women you know have hobbies. It could depend on age maybe, the older you get i think the less you have them, although i meet women of all ages horse riding and martial arts so yeah :s
very likely, but i still struggle to believe so few women you know have hobbies. It could depend on age maybe, the older you get i think the less you have them, although i meet women of all ages horse riding and martial arts so yeah :s

Righty, what is going on here is something I've seen happen a lot on this forum - North/South divide.
You have only lived in the South, which is why you are more use to people of all genders doing hobbies. Go North (aka above Birmingham), and what I described is true 99% of the time and for many southerners who go to uni in the north. Every girl I lived with had no hobbies. Only one girl I met had a hobby which was martial arts, yet her class was 10+ guys to one girl. This was true for every group there and in other places.
As I said, you have had/still have a rather unique upbringing.

Quick Reply

Latest