The Student Room Group

Love ME? Friend ME? I'm a guy and so is HE!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
omgggggggggggggg. Just when I was about to give up, me and Megan were walking across the campus when we saw him with his friend. Megan screamed "IT'S FATE!" and ran to him. She was telling him why do you always ignore me, I call your name..and he was like I don't ignore you...it's the first time I hear his voice from so clear and its so sexy!! lol

Anyway, so I moved backwards and called my friend and told her to just talk to me so it's not awkward me standing there with him. Anyway, so then me, Megan, the GUY, and his friend, were walking towards the library. (I was distancing myself away a bit and pretending to be talking to my friend on the phone). That's when amazing Megan called my name and was like "Hey (my name) come say hello to (his name)." I walked up and he we shook hands and he smiled at me and was like "is she always ... social..like that?" I smiled and said "always". lol ...anyway, I wish we were indoors! ahh I was wearing my sunglasses so he couldnt stare into my eyes :frown:

Lol anyway, you can't have everything ;p So then I dunno what happened and Megan was like you're 18? You're so young lol. Shes 20 and I just turned 21. Anyway, so she was like "can i have your phone no. now?" and he was hesitant and then she was like fine take my number and he saved her number and she told him you wanna go out sometime and hang out with us? And he was like sure I'd like to. OMG! I died!! xD

PS: Also, he told Megan randomly as we were walking that "my friend is gay" meaning the guy with him, and Megan asked the friend are you gay? And the friend laughed and was like no I'm not. MY GUY was actually joking but me and Megan were wondering WHY did he bring it up? It was so random and sudden, maybe he's hiding his sexuality? Cuz Megan asked him, what's your preference? He was like what do you mean and then she was like do you like men or women and he was like females obviously. LOL .. we dont think so ;P

Anyway, so much happened in one time and I have Megan to thank to and I have YOU GUYS to thank for too, as we're gonna do the library thing tonight! :biggrin: He seems really cool and nice and sweet. Btw he's gonna turn 19 soon and I just turned 21, that's not a big gap if say...something were to happen right? :tongue:

Well it might have been a test to see if Megan is tolerant enough of him if we assume he's gay. Most of the time people do understand a simple question like that after bringing the topic so his hesitation might be due to the fact that he's gay. But only you or Megan can know for sure as you heard the sound of his voice and his facial expression in that moment. I'm very happy that he seems like a nice person! Most of the handsome homosexual Arabs I know are the most superficial and frivolous persons. (I hope he's not like that :tongue: ) As for the age gap it's no big deal believe me! 2-3 years is nothing! In my first ''real'' relationship I was 18 and there was a gap of 6 years between us :tongue: It's just an emotional connection that you have to build, age really doesn't matter. I hope that something will happen :wink:Update us after the library plan! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by paperskin
Well it might have been a test to see if Megan is tolerant enough of him if we assume he's gay. Most of the time people do understand a simple question like that after bringing the topic so his hesitation might be due to the fact that he's gay. But only you or Megan can know for sure as you heard the sound of his voice and his facial expression in that moment. I'm very happy that he seems like a nice person! Most of the handsome homosexual Arabs I know are the most superficial and frivolous persons. (I hope he's not like that :tongue: ) As for the age gap it's no big deal believe me! 2-3 years is nothing! In my first ''real'' relationship I was 18 and there was a gap of 6 years between us :tongue: It's just an emotional connection that you have to build, age really doesn't matter. I hope that something will happen :wink:Update us after the library plan! :biggrin:

heyyyyyyy. sorry it took this long but I was busy with exams and projects. Anyway, just wanted to update you all about what happened! :biggrin:

So 2 weeks passed and he never once called Megan. Yesterday, Megan went up to him in the library, and she asked to use his phone, and cleverly dialed her number and then erased it from his records. She gave him back the phone and he knew, and told her "cheeky". Lol.

Anyway, she messaged him at night asking him to come out tomorrow (as in today), with her, me, and a few friends. I can imagine how awkward it will be for him as he barely knows her and doesnt know the rest of us!

Anyway, so she said sorry i have exams and im busy, etc. Then at night, he called her TWICE, and they talked and stuff, but she told me he was being very awkward and difficult to invite out. Then she told me, why dont you invite him out since ur a guy and he might listen more to you than me. But I barely know him! lol. I dunno, i feel like telling him, man, Megan keeps talking about you and how she wants to befriend you. Come out with us tomorrow. Or something like that! :P What do you reckon I should do?

Anyway, he's looking sexier more than ever, and I really hope he's at least bi or something, and if he's not, then some bromance. Lol. I really dont know what to do at this point tho. Megan did everything she can, and she's like now you go invite him out.

Any ideas guys? Please? :tongue: I'm really desperateeeeeee :frown:
Anon as people may know me here.

Okay here's the thing. I'm 21 years old and go to an American University in the Middle East. I'm an Arab, and this makes things much complicated for me.

Anyway, that's not the point. I have a friend, let's call her Megan. Megan and I are really close friends. We tell each other EVERYTHING. Literally everything. She knows my deepest secrets and I trust her with my life.

As far as I'm concerned, I always classified myself as straight with a hint of bi-curious-ness. I have fantasized about 2 or 3 other guy friends before, but it's only those particular guys.

Moving on, there's this guy whom I first saw in my uni a year ago. And let me tell you a few things about this guy:

1) HOT
2) FIT
3) SEXY
4) PERFECT

Seriously, I'm not exaggerating. He's like a sex-god. I never saw a guy as beautiful as him. He's tall, lean, fit, a bit muscular, the perfect body hair, sexy wavy jet black hair, and the right amount of trimmed beard. He's one gorgeous human being, and trust me, I never ever EVER felt so much attraction for another human as much as him. It's quite odd, since I don't even consider him a "male", just some sort of beautiful creature. I can imagine being with him and doing things with him and it doesnt even feel wrong, because he's p.e.r.f.e.c.t. I just cant take my eyes off him whenever I see him walking by!

Megan knows my infatuation with him, as she finds him super sexy too. She would say things like "oh god I just wanna rip his t-shirt" and **** he's so beautiful, what a sexy man".... She also loves his lips, and how they're big and perfect...all things I agree with :tongue:

Anyway, poor Megan has been helping me, well, both of us really, to get to know the guy. She is very social and knows a lot of people in uni, so it's easy for her to chat him up. And she did, for the first time, 1 month ago....

First thing she told him? "Can I have your number?" Lol I know. He looked at her and his hands were shaking and he was like "but you dont even know me. Get to know me first..." SO CUTE!

3 or 4 more times she met him here and there, campus, library, etc, while I awkwardly stood far away or in a corner.... Every time he would be like next time. And every time we see him, he looks at Megan and gives her a wink. That would make her day. We would always see him on campus and he would usually be alone, which made us, me and Megan, both super happy as an excuse to befriend him. Just when things were going smooth, turns out he knows a lot of people, and now we would often see him hanging around with his guy friends :frown:

But we are not giving up. I really want to do something, you know, chat him up, initiate the friendship, but that would be plan weird. I mean I'm a guy...I cant go randomly to another guy and talk to him...awkward and weird...plus we're in completely different majors (fields of study), and he doesnt even know I exist! He just sees me with Megan, that's it.

And this is really eating me up, you know. I think it's moved beyond this point, where I'm actually becoming obsessed with him. I just want to be friends with him. I swear. Megan told me today, she was like don't worry, I promise you next time I see him, I'll take his number and invite him out and stuff and make you guys close friends. I really hope this works! But it's taking so long! :frown:

Honestly guys, at this point, I just wanna get to know him and be friends with him. I don't know why, but I really believe me and him would be excellent buddies, probably some potential bromance lol. I never actually had close males friends in school, and in uni, I have quite a few male friends, but I'm not so close to them. I really want to be friends with this guy. No matter what! I just want us to be close friends. And if he is into guys, then that's a bonus, but like I said, I'd much rather prefer his friendship. I think we would be great friends.

I don't know what I can do at this point other than hoping Megan would speed up the process. I know you guys might find it weird how I desperately want to be friends with this guy, but I really think me and him would be excellent mates. The thought of never getting to know him would KILL me.... Anyone been in a similar situation? Guys? Girls? I just NEED him in my life. What can I do?

I apologize for the long post, but I finally let that off my chest. Please help me TSR. :frown:

so you are gay?
Reply 23
Original post by study beats
so you are gay?

bicurious :biggrin:
bicurious :biggrin:

your gay mate, why dont u like girls?
Reply 25

um are you trolling?
Reply 26

Why don't you shut up?:smile:

heyyyyyyy. sorry it took this long but I was busy with exams and projects. Anyway, just wanted to update you all about what happened! :biggrin:

So 2 weeks passed and he never once called Megan. Yesterday, Megan went up to him in the library, and she asked to use his phone, and cleverly dialed her number and then erased it from his records. She gave him back the phone and he knew, and told her "cheeky". Lol.

Anyway, she messaged him at night asking him to come out tomorrow (as in today), with her, me, and a few friends. I can imagine how awkward it will be for him as he barely knows her and doesnt know the rest of us!

Anyway, so she said sorry i have exams and im busy, etc. Then at night, he called her TWICE, and they talked and stuff, but she told me he was being very awkward and difficult to invite out. Then she told me, why dont you invite him out since ur a guy and he might listen more to you than me. But I barely know him! lol. I dunno, i feel like telling him, man, Megan keeps talking about you and how she wants to befriend you. Come out with us tomorrow. Or something like that! :P What do you reckon I should do?

Anyway, he's looking sexier more than ever, and I really hope he's at least bi or something, and if he's not, then some bromance. Lol. I really dont know what to do at this point tho. Megan did everything she can, and she's like now you go invite him out.

Any ideas guys? Please? :tongue: I'm really desperateeeeeee :frown:

Well I think it's time that you make a move. At least you've been introduced so it wouldn't be that awkward if you talk to him. Just do it! Seriously Megan can't do it all and I wouldn't see why he will refuse to go out with your group of friends. The really difficult step is to actually befriend him after inviting him. Just bump into him as you already know him and talk about a subject that you know will interest him and then invite him pretending that Megan is the cause of the invite. He will hopefully tell you the reason of his constant refusals after that and it's up to you to be convincing enough to make it happen. Be brave enough and I hope it all works out :wink: Good luck!
Reply 27
Why don't you shut up?:smile:

Well I think it's time that you make a move. At least you've been introduced so it wouldn't be that awkward if you talk to him. Just do it! Seriously Megan can't do it all and I wouldn't see why he will refuse to go out with your group of friends. The really difficult step is to actually befriend him after inviting him. Just bump into him as you already know him and talk about a subject that you know will interest him and then invite him pretending that Megan is the cause of the invite. He will hopefully tell you the reason of his constant refusals after that and it's up to you to be convincing enough to make it happen. Be brave enough and I hope it all works out :wink: Good luck!

Thing is, Megan keeps inviting him out with us and he alwayd refuses, saying he's always busy...wth :frown: and Megan keeps telling me that hes really difficult to convince
So megan told ME to talk 2 him and invite him out..thing is, I barely know him. Hes gunna think im a freak and its gunna look weird. Plus even megan doesnt know much about him. Ufh this process is taking so long and I really dont know what to do!!! :frown:
Reply 28
Thing is, Megan keeps inviting him out with us and he alwayd refuses, saying he's always busy...wth :frown: and Megan keeps telling me that hes really difficult to convince
So megan told ME to talk 2 him and invite him out..thing is, I barely know him. Hes gunna think im a freak and its gunna look weird. Plus even megan doesnt know much about him. Ufh this process is taking so long and I really dont know what to do!!! :frown:

You have to be more confident in yourself! Seriously people aren't that hard to approach. Go talk to him about Megan's invitation. You've got an excuse to talk to him without sounding like a freak. He'll think you're making Megan a favor and that's not weird at all when you do something for a friend. If you want something you have to go for it yourself! Anyways at least after talking to him about Megan's invitation and the why he's been refusing while she's so persistent he'll know you enough to acknowledge you and you could even start an interesting conversation in the future when you'll shake hands. Thing's will happen in time if they're are meant to be but you have to stand for yourself and do something. Believe me it's not weird at all to go talk to him about that. Trust me, just do it.
Reply 29
You have to be more confident in yourself! Seriously people aren't that hard to approach. Go talk to him about Megan's invitation. You've got an excuse to talk to him without sounding like a freak. He'll think you're making Megan a favor and that's not weird at all when you do something for a friend. If you want something you have to go for it yourself! Anyways at least after talking to him about Megan's invitation and the why he's been refusing while she's so persistent he'll know you enough to acknowledge you and you could even start an interesting conversation in the future when you'll shake hands. Thing's will happen in time if they're are meant to be but you have to stand for yourself and do something. Believe me it's not weird at all to go talk to him about that. Trust me, just do it.

Megan and I saw him literally 2 hrs ago in the student lounge. He sitting on the chair with his friend and I didnt look at him, I was chatting with another friend who was sitting like 2 meters away from him. Megan just gave him a weak smile and he nodded. Afterwards, I asked Megan, did he look at me, lol, she was like he was staring at both of us. Hahahaha! Oh if only he was starting at me in that way! lol anyway, so I told Megan that next time we see him in the library or something, she will ask him to walk her back to dorms, and then me and him can have a chat once we drop her and on our way back to the men's dorms. :biggrin: what do you think? I cant think of anything else than this right now :tongue:
Are you sure you'd be happy being 'just mates' with this guy? Because you seem incredibly (scarily) obsessed with him. :tongue:

'Bromance' is just being really friendly with a guy because you know them so well and have had experiences with them that make a bond. So it's basically just being really good friends with someone.. (You probably know this, but from how I've read it, it sounds like you may think a bromance is something more?)

If you're sure you'd be happy as just friends with a guy you describe as 'sexy' then you need to man up, and just go talk to him like you would with any other dude....

...but you obviously don't, you fancy him and want to be with him, which is why you're finding it hard to approach him/feel awkward round him and think about him all the time. You're not 'bicurious' you're bisexual :smile: You may as well accept this. Then you need to just approach him and start chatting. Even if it's about Megan, just get a convo going. After a while chatting to him will become much easier.

Also, Megan might like him as well. So watchout ;p

Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 31
Megan and I saw him literally 2 hrs ago in the student lounge. He sitting on the chair with his friend and I didnt look at him, I was chatting with another friend who was sitting like 2 meters away from him. Megan just gave him a weak smile and he nodded. Afterwards, I asked Megan, did he look at me, lol, she was like he was staring at both of us. Hahahaha! Oh if only he was starting at me in that way! lol anyway, so I told Megan that next time we see him in the library or something, she will ask him to walk her back to dorms, and then me and him can have a chat once we drop her and on our way back to the men's dorms. :biggrin: what do you think? I cant think of anything else than this right now :tongue:

Great idea just make it interesting and don't be too shy! Seriously be confident though the first real conversation is always hard you'll get used to it. It'll becoming easier and easier when you'll get to know each other. Soon enough you'll become friends. As some people said maybe Megan is also interested in him? Thought of that? And you might be bisexual as some have said though I understand that for an Arab it's hard to come to term with, though you don't have to right now. You can do that when you are ready. Seriously you can PM whenever you like as I understand such issues. Tell us how the dorm plan goes :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm enthralled with this thread and can't wait for the next installment!
After reading this thread, Ill just take the opportunity to post a thought. If he didnt respond to Megans invitations out like that, that seems very unusual behaviour of a guy to me. Maybe he really is gay?
Reply 34
I'm now intrigued about the next part of the story :mmm:
Reply 35
After reading this thread, Ill just take the opportunity to post a thought. If he didnt respond to Megans invitations out like that, that seems very unusual behaviour of a guy to me. Maybe he really is gay?

Quite frankly I thought of that. But she's inviting him to go out with a group and he knows barely Megan and her friends. He might either be a reserved guy, a busy one (unlikely) or hopefully for the OP gay :biggrin:

Or Meg's ugly as **** :dontknow:
Reply 37
Welcome to Lust Central. :sexface:

To be honest, he does sound pretty hot, though. :tongue:
Reply 38
Great idea just make it interesting and don't be too shy! Seriously be confident though the first real conversation is always hard you'll get used to it. It'll becoming easier and easier when you'll get to know each other. Soon enough you'll become friends. As some people said maybe Megan is also interested in him? Thought of that? And you might be bisexual as some have said though I understand that for an Arab it's hard to come to term with, though you don't have to right now. You can do that when you are ready. Seriously you can PM whenever you like as I understand such issues. Tell us how the dorm plan goes :biggrin:

Hahaha thanks! :biggrin: Btw, I saw him today and we shook hands! :colondollar: Megan called him over and she "psst" at him till he saw her. He came to us, and after shaking my hands, told her "im not a dog" and looked at me, smiled, and said, "teach her some manners". loL, he smiled and went to class.
Reply 39
Original post by JollyJelly
Or Meg's ugly as **** :dontknow:

hahaha she's not. She is quite attractive, but very very social, might be intimidating to some :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending