Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

just a forewarning this might be gross to some of you... i've always been a bit prone to thrush/yeast infections down there, but they got alot worse when i started on the pill which i was on for a couple of years. they settled after a while but i noticed i keep getting them after my boyfriend goes down on me? this has happened with al 3 of my exs so i really think it's me and not them... i've been tested for hiv and diabetes both were negative, i wear cotton pants, don't use soap down there, basically do everything they tell you to do and it's no different! i've been to the doctors so many times and they can't tell me the reason... they just said if its not diabetes or any other underlying health cause they don't know what it is and just treat it when it comes, but i don't want to keep doing that as the side effects from the medicine are pretty bad. i originally thought it must be the ph of saliva that causes problems, but if it was the ph wouldn't semen effect it too, possibly worse as the ph of semen (7-8) is further away from the vaginas ph (about 3.8-4.5) than saliva (6.2-7.4) if that makes sense? i have no issues with him ejaculating in me, just oral... any idea what this could be?!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You know when people have white tongues? Often an oral yeast infection.

The next time, get your partner treated too.

If that fails, consider using a barrier for receiving oral. Clingfilm will do, or you can get dental dams. If they complain about not being able to taste you, wipe one side against your vulva first. Then have some (warm) lube on the side that will touch you.

(Original post by unprinted)
    You know when people have white tongues? Often an oral yeast infection.

The next time, get your partner treated too.

If that fails, consider using a barrier for receiving oral. Clingfilm will do, or you can get dental dams. If they complain about not being able to taste you, wipe one side against your vulva first. Then have some (warm) lube on the side that will touch you.
    my partner has been treated for it (with fluconazole/diflucan cap), as had my exs, it's not them it's me. none of them have ever had a white tongue or got a yeast infection from giving me oral - i get it AFTER they go down on me.
    thanks for your advice on the clingfilm tho. i just really want to know WHY its happening... it makes no sense...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hmm. If I were your GP with an infinite budget, I'd be looking for a series of 'before and after' swabs and seeing what the difference is. That's probably not practical unless you find someone doing research on genital fungal infections.

Just to rule things out, how sure are you that it's a yeast infection rather than a bacterial one? Similarly, is it just a vaginal issue or is it ever in your urethra? Do the times you get oral involve anything else different from the times you don't?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.