GCSE Edexcel Maths Higher Non-Calc Today

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Anyone else do this? What did you think of it?

I'm pretty sure i got everything correct apart from the question which asked for lower quartile, upper quartile and box plot. The marks given seemed to low for the amount of work needed to add up all the values. How were you meant to answer it?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeah i did it. was ok, not sure about that box plot question tho as i didnt understand it either.

btw did any get the answer to the very last question to be f(x) = x^2 - 8?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The box plot one is easy if u know how to do it.

The first time I did 1 of them I tried to do it the same way as you (+got nowhere).

The way your meant to do it is if there are 15 values the 8th is the median, the 4th is the LQ and the 12th is the UQ.

I didn't get the last question and didn't like the probability one took me about 1/2 n hour to draw the tree.
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yea the box plot one was a bit tricky... i found the probability all right... answer was 33/50...
but the ****ing frequency density!!! it totally slipped my mind how to do it i was so fuking pissed off!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I got the answer to the probablity one as being 3/4. I spent about 5 mins drawing a tree but then i realised it was the wrong way to tackle the question. What i did was I found the probability of all 3 the same colour and then the probability of all 3 different. I took that away from 1 and i got the answer. Overall about 4 mins work
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Oh yeah i forgot to say. They were very nasty with the box plot question as there were only 9 small squares for every large square. Most probably wouldn't have noticed so you will lose most of the marks for that question
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the probablility one was 66% or 33/50, not 3/4
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone know the answers to the non-calucator paper, and tips for the calculator.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.1%
No (603)
65.9%

Watched Threads