Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just wondering what everyone thinks about this? as other newspapers (guardian) don't even rate Bath in top 10. it is a good uni but not many people seem to give it that much credit. it's above warwick....do people judge The Times with more accuracy usually?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    just wondering what everyone thinks about this? as other newspapers (guardian) don't even rate Bath in top 10. it is a good uni but not many people seem to give it that much credit. it's above warwick....do people judge The Times with more accuracy usually?!
    Forget the league tables - choose a uni that you like and that offers the best course for you.

(Original post by NikNak)
    Forget the league tables - choose a uni that you like and that offers the best course for you.
    Can we put this as a banner on the university forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    lol i know.....theres nothing to choose between my 2 unis. i just wanted to c wot people think of bath

ReputationRep:
    when are the new league tables out?

ReputationRep:
    My dad is a senior lecturer at Bath uni in the civil engineering department, which I believe is about fourth in the country for that subject

ReputationRep:
    are you having to choose between bath and warwick?for what course? cos so am i and its really hard!but basically i think warwick is slightly more prestigious but bath seems to have a better course in a nicer location... what factors are you considering?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by italianmark)
    are you having to choose between bath and warwick?for what course? cos so am i and its really hard!but basically i think warwick is slightly more prestigious but bath seems to have a better course in a nicer location... what factors are you considering?!
    hey, i'm exactly the same! i'm thinking warwick is more prestigious too, but i love the course at Bath. but accomodation at Warwick is brill......and bath's city is def nicer as Coventry's quite crap. hmmm......wot course?? same grades?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion only...I think that Bath is a pretty city but it is so small that you can appreciaite that in a day, not three years. The accomodation is very bad and the campus is very small. Of course, I am not saying you should judge on these minor factors but you ought to see it for yourself and you'll see what I mean

It depends what you prefer at the end of the day but I would not recommend it. Hope this helps...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stars)
    In my opinion only...I think that Bath is a pretty city but it is so small that you can appreciaite that in a day, not three years. The accomodation is very bad and the campus is very small. Of course, I am not saying you should judge on these minor factors but you ought to see it for yourself and you'll see what I mean

It depends what you prefer at the end of the day but I would not recommend it. Hope this helps...

well i've seen the place. i saw one of the accomodation which was crap but there's solsbury and something else which was only built in sept and its en-suite, so thats meant to be nice...... surely bath is small, but can't be as bad as coventry

ReputationRep:
    thanks for ur comments anyway!

ReputationRep:
    well i've seen the place. i saw one of the accomodation which was crap but there's solsbury and something else which was only built in sept and its en-suite, so thats meant to be nice...... surely bath is small, but can't be as bad as coventry
    The city of Bath itself is lovely, I love all the Georgian architecture. It's not that small, but I must admit I've not been to many cities for comparison! Generally Bath has a pleasant atmosphere though, a little touristy in the summer of course, but it's got some good shops - especially Jim's Fudge Kitchen!! And the Abbey is beautiful, I did a concert in there once!

ReputationRep:
    The Times GUG is considered to be the most prestigious as it is the oldest.

However Oxford is ranked number 1, above Cambridge. Cambridge outperformed Oxford in all the criteria, except that Oxford were sepnding more on facilities. Therefore you should look very carefully at how a uni scores in different areas (e.g. Teaching Quality).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stars)

Some of the accomodation is, like any University, shite. But the new accomodation is very nice.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all replies!

ReputationRep:
    When the new league tables are published what year do they do the results on? 2002 or 2003?

Also is this new format data going to have any dramatic effect on league tables?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.