Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Currently laying in bed feeling like death and wanted to know your opinion on this.

I work at a small charity shop on Saturdays. I know it is only early Friday morning at the minute, but if I feel as bad in the afternoon, I was considering ringing in sick in advance, so they have a little bit more notice to get someone to cover. I know how hard it is for them to get people to cover so I feel awful, but I also feel awful healthwise!

I am paid btw so it's not like it's any easier down to being a volunteer.

Just wanted to know about this because I know it could look bad ringing in before I know how I feel Saturday morning, but I just want to make it easier for them to find someone to cover, is all.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could try letting them know Friday afternoon that you don't think you'll be able to make it and asking them if they'd prefer to find cover or risk it and see? Phrase it showing that you hope to make it in but you really aren't sure if you'll be able to and you didn't want to not say anything until the morning of.

What kind of sickness is it? If you've got vomiting/diarrhea you should wait 48 hours after the last bout before going in to work anyway. You may feel guilty for missing work but it would be worse for you to pass it on to everyone else there!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    They'd probably be happier if you phoned in advance and tell them you may be a no-show because you're not feeling well, that way they have more time to get someone to cover you.

ReputationRep:
    eat nutella, it will mke you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PDM.)
    eat nutella, it will mke you feel better.
    What dish should I fill / spread with Nutella? Or do I eat it from the jar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    What dish should I fill / spread with Nutella? Or do I eat it from the jar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm reading this with a spoon in my hand and a nutella jar by my side :eek: awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    You could try letting them know Friday afternoon that you don't think you'll be able to make it and asking them if they'd prefer to find cover or risk it and see? Phrase it showing that you hope to make it in but you really aren't sure if you'll be able to and you didn't want to not say anything until the morning of.

What kind of sickness is it? If you've got vomiting/diarrhea you should wait 48 hours after the last bout before going in to work anyway. You may feel guilty for missing work but it would be worse for you to pass it on to everyone else there!

xxx

(Original post by yellowcopter)
    They'd probably be happier if you phoned in advance and tell them you may be a no-show because you're not feeling well, that way they have more time to get someone to cover you.
    Thanks for the replies. I don't know what type of illness it is, just some sort of awful big I think. No sickness or anything. I ended up letting them know today and she didn't seem bothered. At least they can find someone now. I will feel bad if I feel well tomorrow though!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.