Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I have enough time/concentration issues? A2 exams Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is less than two months enough time to revise and get good grades for A2 exams?

My first exam is on June 5th, currently on Easter break so I go back on Monday.

I'm going to be honest, I actually can't bring myself to revise..... I revise for like 20 minutes then get distracted and look at the clock.. 2 hours has passed.

I need 3 A's to get into uni (offer from Warwick) and I don't know if I can salvage my exam grades in time?!!

I have 5 exams and I'm still learning for 4 of them in college. I'm also still making my own notes (generally what I revise from) for 4 of them.

Do I have enough time? And how can I concentrate? I really don't know what's wrong with me. I deleted all social networks and try to ignore my phone as much as possible. I don't watch tv either!

The thing that makes me question life is that I worked really hard last year and got 4 A's and I can't even remember how I did it!

Ok this is just a bit of a big old scary post of procrastination I'm going now

ReputationRep:
    I revise best when I am shut off from everyone and in complete silence, try this, make sure your family don't disturb you. Turn your phone off too.

I find that if I'm getting distracted (for example, yesterday I wanted to watch the latest episode of Modern Family), I go do whatever is distracting me (in is this case, I watched TV for 20 minutes). You'll come back to your revision with a clear mind set and you can go back to revision.

Make sure you have lots of water (or cordial) amd something sweet like a cake bar or chunk of chocolate. Eat and drink whenever needed.

Yes you do have time to dalvage your grades, but get on it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.