Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls on dating sites watch

Basically I was just browsing a site with no intention of signing up and then I saw a girl who particularly took my fancy and I'm now tempted to sign up simply to message her. What I want to know is how would a girl react if they knew you had signed up simply to speak to them?

ReputationRep:
    They'd be like 'ermagherd!'.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    or more realistically, they'd be totally freaked out

ReputationRep:
    Well you wouldn't have to tell her that if you think it would freak her out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically I was just browsing a site with no intention of signing up and then I saw a girl who particularly took my fancy and I'm now tempted to sign up simply to message her. What I want to know is how would a girl react if they knew you had signed up simply to speak to them?
    They might take it as a compliment. I'm not sure if you should actually tell her that. It really does depend.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take it as a compliment.

You were browsing for a reason. You found the reason. You signed up so you could give it a shot. Makes perfect sense to me. Also, it would give you the air of exclusivity ('I'm only on here to speak to YOU, not chase other girls at the same time').

ReputationRep:
    Bruv follow follow da heart follow da soul follow your arms and follow da world

ReputationRep:
    There's a chance she'd find it sweet, although if you're worried that she won't then just don't tell her that bit.
    Definitely sign up to talk to her though

ReputationRep:
    Dating sites = opportunity to meet people.

Girl receiving message on dating site from guy = quite normal.

No fuss.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are she has received similar messages and if she doesn't find you hot, she'll ignore you.

ReputationRep:
    Most would react positively (I think) once you put it in genuine enough terms.

However, HOW you say what you want to say will be far more important than what you actually say

ReputationRep:
    They would react well probably, just don't sound like a creepy old guy about it.

ReputationRep:
    Well done internet marketer... your plan worked.

You don't even know if it is a real user, it could just be a piece of site created content to lure browsing users in.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd probably like it

ReputationRep:
    I would think it was sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelj)
    Chances are she has received similar messages and if she doesn't find you hot, she'll ignore you.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell her. The possible benefit is outweighed by the possible risk. Incidentally most women on dating sites are completely insane, so watch out. Seriously, if they are good looking and haven't been knocked up, there is around a 97% chance of insanity.

Well this is weird..
    Someone inboxed me today on the dating site im signed up with saying they had no intention of signing up.. but have because of my profile..

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Going on the vast majority of the feedback provided by POF users, there's around a 95% chance she's going to ignore the message completely.

Also know that dating sites are a hive for the insecure and for those with baggage so heavy they can't walk for very long when journeying along conventional social paths.

I would make a point of saying hello, and introducing yourself. Making yourself sound unique and appealing, rather than sounding like most of the guys possibly already messaging her and she's blocked or denied you before you have a real chance. I wouldn't tell her what you told us though. That will defo do nothing for getting a good/healthy result. Plus please please no cheesy chat up lines..hold off from any of those ones we all roll our eyes at.

(Original post by Mark85)
    Well done internet marketer... your plan worked.

You don't even know if it is a real user, it could just be a piece of site created content to lure browsing users in.
    Makes no odds, it is a free site so it only takes a few minutes of my time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.