Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they all dont. But many of them seem to.

The troops are out there fighting terrorist maniacs who want to kill us, and reguarly kill their own people. (Muslims are often biggest victims of Al-Qaeda/Taliban)

It's obvious to me that they have little affiliation toward the troops, but more toward those countries just because they're Muslim. I do not hear so much complaints of terrorists or Islamists here in Britain compared to complaints about the troops..

We've seen marches and protest against our troops where they're spat on and called 'baby killers' by 'British' Muslim protesters. Not all soldiers are 'baby killers'. We often hear of 'Western Propaganda' as they claim, (I thought they were Westerners too?) yet we do not hear of the Eastern propaganda against the US, UK, Israel in Islamic nations which is also very strong. The 'baby killer' term is just ridiculous also. Are they angry with the war, or just because they're Muslim countrys? from where I'm standing, it's quite clear who they view as 'their own'.

Also, why no protests from Muslim troop protesters... whenever Islamist preach hatred against the UK? where are they then? not a word, no reaction, no riots. Are they only willing to challenge our Troops or a Far-Right rally? that's the only time I see them out in the street getting angry. Whenever there's an opportunity to scream racism :confused: Or maybe, it's just non-muslims who they're willing to challenge. :confused:

P.S - I disagree with the war on terror.

Edit: I also see a lot more complaints about the war in Iraq etc. then the likes of Anjem Choudhry. Why is nobody protesting him? Why was there stronger anger/reaction to Bin Laden's killing then the poppy burning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)

The troops are out there fighting terrorist maniacs who want to kill us, and reguarly kill their own people. (Muslims are often biggest victims of Al-Qaeda/Taliban)

It's obvious to me that they have little affiliation toward the troops, but more toward those countries just because they're Muslim. I do not hear so much complaints of terrorists or Islamists here in Britain compared to complaints about the troops..

We've seen marches and protest against our troops where they're spat on and called 'baby killers' by 'British' Muslim protesters. Not all soldiers are 'baby killers'. We often hear of 'Western Propaganda' as they claim, (I thought they were Westerners too?) yet we do not hear of the Eastern propaganda against the US, UK, Israel in Islamic nations which is also very strong. The 'baby killer' term is just ridiculous also. Are they angry with the war, or just because they're Muslim countrys? from where I'm standing, it's quite clear who they view as 'their own'.

Also, why no protests from Muslim troop protesters... whenever Islamist preach hatred against the UK? where are they then? not a word, no reaction, no riots. Are they only willing to challenge our Troops or a Far-Right rally? that's the only time I see them out in the street. :confused: Or maybe, it's just non-muslims who they're willing to challenge. :confused:
    Interesting point, and quite rightly raised!

It would be good to hear from a muslim to why this is!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting topic. Many Muslims also aren't interested in policts but they only care about the Iraq war and the Afghanistan war.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How utterly ridiculous. Yet again, more generalisations.

So Muslims are only cynical about the wars that are currently happening? Please, read around more. Here's a website to get you started: http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

I'm a Muslim, and I'm not angry at what's going on simply because I'm a Muslim. It doesn't necessarily have links with what you believe in. Oh, I know an atheist who is just as strongly against the war in Afghanistan as I am. Now let's make a generalisation anout atheists ...

Also, why no protests from Muslim troop protesters... whenever Islamist preach hatred against the UK? where are they then? not a word, no reaction, no riots. Are they only willing to challenge our Troops or a Far-Right rally? that's the only time I see them out in the street. :confused: Or maybe, it's just non-muslims who they're willing to challenge. :confused:
    You're making empty postulations. No substance or evidence for what you're asserting. Again, generalisations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    Interesting topic. Many Muslims also aren't interested in policts but they only care about the Iraq war and the Afghanistan war.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can assure you, I'm interested in politics and current affairs.

"but they only care about the Iraq war and the Afghanistan war."

Well that is a hot topic in politics and current affairs. One of the most controversial in fact. What else do you want us to be interested in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kousar)
    How utterly ridiculous. Yet again, more generalisations.

So Muslims are only cynical about the wars that are currently happening? Please, read around more. Here's a website to get you started: http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

I'm a Muslim, and I'm not angry at what's going on simply because I'm a Muslim. It doesn't necessarily have links with what you believe in. Oh, I know an atheist who is just as strongly against the war in Afghanistan as I am. Now let's make a generalisation anout atheists ...

You're making empty postulations. No substance or evidence for what you're asserting. Again, generalisations.
    I believe the question was "why do UK muslims hate our troop" not "why do UK muslims disagree with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan" please stay on topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So true. I forgot to mention that in my post actually.

ReputationRep:

Your point of view is quite biased.
    I'm a western born Muslim living in the UK and after graduation i plan on joining the BRITISH NAVY for a couple of years! Now i want you to consider who i think is "my own".
    Also secondly it is a very SMALL majority of muslims who protest against the troops, the vast majority couldn't care less. I personally think its bad how they are protesting against people who are protecting them o_O.
    Its like protesting against your mum when she's on your side when your fighting the teacher!

Finally i would like you to think of it from the protesters point of view. Why do some western countries insist on toppling over MUSLIM regimes no matter how cruel they are but refuse to go into Africa where generals are producing child soldiers?? And why does the west not topple over the Saudi regime?? females have no rights there!
    If you ever visited Iraq in the 90's you would have seen how nice of a place it was and females had the same rights as males.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    I believe the question was "why do UK muslims hate our troop" not "why do UK muslims disagree with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan" please stay on topic.
    If Muslim's 'hate' British troops, that's because they are against the wars. Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not hating no troops

ReputationRep:
    If Muslim's 'hate' British troops, that's because they are against the wars. Ditto.
    Soldiers do not choose the wars they fight, politicians do. Still, unless they disagree with British Army values of courage, discipline, respect for others, integrity, loyalty and selfless commitment along with the values of freedom, equality and democracy, there is no reason to hate British troops.

Probably because they see the near deification from across the media toward the BA and are frustrated by the fact the majority of the UK population think they can do no wrong. When you're from a country where havoc has been wreaked by the British (and the Taliban etc.), you are not going to be very supportive, particularly when it's shoved down your throat. Yes, I know soldiers don't choose the war politicians do, but if I joined the army in 2007, for example, I'd have a reasonable expectation of being deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq so that argument doesn't absolve then of blame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nor does the general population.

Also the fact that you're systematically exterminating their people isn't helping the troop's popularity.

ReputationRep:
    Soldiers do not choose the wars they fight, politicians do. Still, unless they disagree with British Army values of courage, discipline, respect for others, integrity, loyalty and selfless commitment along with the values of freedom, equality and democracy, there is no reason to hate British troops.
    Soldier's choose to participate in such wars.
    Of course, there's no reason to hate anyone. Hate the act, not the individual.

ReputationRep:
    Not me boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom Lord)
    But they do choose to join the army..
    Anyway this thread is stupid, most simply don't care about our troops, same with the general population.
    I also feel it's worth mentioning there are lots of Muslims serving in the UK army, dismissing the myth that all of them hate 'our troops'.
    Attachment 208592
    Yes but I bet if you asked the majority of soldiers, they did not choose to fight in Iraq, or agree with the reasons for war. And I'm not saying all muslims hate British troops, I am generally interested in why people hate soldiers in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dejah Thoris)
    Nor does the general population.

Also the fact that you're systematically exterminating their people isn't helping the troop's popularity.

That was not in anyway helpful, intelligent or needed in this discussion. Anyway, how are they "systematically extermination their people"? What would you say this would be? If you think killing the Taliban is killing their people, then what you are saying is nothing more than offensive to the people of Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    Soldier's choose to participate in such wars.
    Of course, there's no reason to hate anyone. Hate the act, not the individual.
    Read reply to phantom lord.

ReputationRep:
    That was not in anyway helpful, intelligent or needed in this discussion. Anyway, how are they "systematically extermination their people"? What would you say this would be? If you think killing the Taliban is killing their people, then what you are saying is nothing more than offensive to the people of Afghanistan.

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make my post any less relevant to the question the OP asked.

I'm sorry but the general public Muslim or otherwise in the UK doesn't hold our troops in high regard and I can't say I blame them.

ReputationRep:
    Because we're blowing up their cousins.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.