Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody accepted/ firmed their offer for MH nursing in Cumbria?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you had an offer for MH at Cumbria for 2013? I'm still on hold :-( I didn't know if any places had been offered yet for MH. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered a place on the course. Have you had your interview? If so when? I had to wait three/four weeks after my interview to learn if I was successful. x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonnygirl13)
    Has anybody accepted/ firmed their offer for MH nursing in Cumbria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have been offered a place on the MH course but im still unsure as to if i want to go to Cumbria, iv an offer for Preston (which i didnt like at all) and Northumbria which i liked but that isnt untill March and id much rather start in September.... confused is not the word!!

ReputationRep:
    I cannot imagine the difficult choice of deciding which university to choose. I decided on Cumbria quite early in the application process. If you're unsure, why don't you arrange to visit the campuses again and talk to the lecturers? It may help a little. If all else fails you can always do 'Eeny, meeny, miny moe'. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw it's driving me nuts I've only applied for Cumbria as I'm restricted to the area with two young boys so all my hopes are riding on this application and I'm still waiting! I don't want to wait another year! Is it a conditional offer? When was your interview? I just really want a place! Which campus have you applied to? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shellybuz)
    Aw it's driving me nuts I've only applied for Cumbria as I'm restricted to the area with two young boys so all my hopes are riding on this application and I'm still waiting! I don't want to wait another year! Is it a conditional offer? When was your interview? I just really want a place! Which campus have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had my interview in mid-March, although the exact date alludes me at this moment in time. It is a conditional offer but only as far as requiring a character reference, occupational health check and a CRB. I do hope you find out soon. How long have you waited for so far?

Edit: I applied for Fusehill House. I'm not sure which campus that is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was very lucky, i only waited 5 days before i got my conditional offer so i was quite pleased, still in mixed mind as to what to do but closing my eyes an picking one may be the way forward!!! iv applied for fusehill Carlisle.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview 20 Feb!!!! Too long to wait, maybe it's because at the time of interview I was still completing my access course. So frustrating 😟xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philipjhind)
    I was very lucky, i only waited 5 days before i got my conditional offer so i was quite pleased, still in mixed mind as to what to do but closing my eyes an picking one may be the way forward!!! iv applied for fusehill Carlisle.
    As far as I'm aware, you have until June/July to decide which is your firm and insurance choices. Plenty of time to decide. If you do go to Cumbria, we'll probably be in the same class. May I ask why Mental Health Nursing in particular?

(Original post by Shellybuz)
    I had my interview 20 Feb!!!! Too long to wait, maybe it's because at the time of interview I was still completing my access course. So frustrating 😟xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand how you feel. From what I was told at the interview they try and interview every, and make decisions about all applications about May time if they have not already contacted people. I do hope that you hear back soon. You'll have to keep me informed.

ReputationRep:
    I understand how you feel. From what I was told at the interview they try and interview every, and make decisions about all applications about May time if they have not already contacted people. I do hope that you hear back soon. You'll have to keep me informed. [/QUOTE]

I will, definitely, last date to let us know is 9th May so not too long now I guess.....still so annoying tho!!! My life is in limbo til I find out! Congrats on the offer anyway I just hope ill be joining you!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one in limbo, makes me feel better. Iv tried making a pro's an con's list for all my offers but I still don't know

I want to do mental health for a whole heap of reasons tbh. My experience with RMN's is that they are a little "mad" an guess that suets my personality also due to my madness, I recon I havegood insight as to how people are. Im just fasinated in people and I love helping an supporting them

What about u??

Cumbria MH intake is very small, 14 last year as my friend studies there now.

ReputationRep:
    There's about 30 places this year, I just feel like if they keep me waiting this long then reject me ill be pretty devastated!! No long now though hopefully! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer through today for MH at Cumbria! So pleased! Anyone else firmed their place? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats I'll be accepting my offer in the coming days. Looking forward to starting now :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philipjhind)
    Congrats I'll be accepting my offer in the coming days. Looking forward to starting now :yes:
    Thanks!! Are you Lancaster or Carlisle? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be carlisle u? I still need to accept my offer.

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster, I've just firmed my offer :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.