Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who will ''win'' the next election? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who will win a majority in the 2015 election?
    Conservative Party
    15.38%
    Liberal Democrats
    1.18%
    Labour Party
    51.48%
    UKIP
    6.51%
    Green Party
    1.78%
    BNP
    1.78%
    No Majority
    21.89%

ReputationRep:
    Who will win? Presuming... someone will get a majority.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    There won't be a majority, but that hasn't stopped anyone for nearly a century anyway.

I'm predicting a 35% (give or take) Labour victory. Seats are obviously predicted individually.

- There will be huge swing back from the Libs to Labour, which was the main undermine at last election.
    - The UKIP is going to undercut the Conservatives.
    - Labour are going to last minute replace party leader (probably) and change the game.
    - Greater Green party votes will prevent Labour hitting a 40%
    - What's being called 'Murdoch's Revenge' will most likely cripple the Conservative party.

In all honesty I'm not sure if it's necessarily a good thing, swapping back and forth after what was essentially an illegal government, and there needs to be some serious policy clarification for both sides so that the impartials who vote on merit can make their decisions (Not that it matters seeing as thats about 0.1% of the population).

P.S.

So many negs, nobody willing to quote a reply and explain why.

ReputationRep:
    Labour!

ReputationRep:
    I think the Conservatives will hold onto power with the Libdems. If UKIP get a majority they could just merge to become the New Conservatives. Either way the Conservatives will probably hold.

ReputationRep:
    Tory majority.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't see a clear winner coming out of the next election.

Labour are still unpopular from the last time they were in power.
    Lib Dems are a laughing stock at the moment.
    Conservative aren't exactly making themselves popular at the moment.

I'll bet for a hung parliament if I'm putting money on it.

ReputationRep:
    Conservative majority

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping Scotland become independent!

SNP

ReputationRep:
    Labour.

ReputationRep:
    If Scotland gets independence, Labour will lose much of its safe seats. This will result in Conservatives splitting between Cameron and New-Conservatives, and True-Blue Tories and Libertarians joining UKIP.

If not, a Labour majority in parliment, backed by a few Greens and more Respect gains, mainly in Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FelixTheKat)
    If Scotland gets independence, Labour will lose much of its safe seats. This will result in Conservatives splitting between Cameron and New-Conservatives, and True-Blue Tories and Libertarians joining UKIP.

If not, a Labour majority in parliment, backed by a few Greens and more Respect gains, mainly in Birmingham
    I may not know much about politics, but if Respect gain another MP I'll eat my husbands shaving gel.

ReputationRep:
    Some interesting responses... :P Keep them up!

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron The Great has been at the helm of the Tories now for nearly 8 years. What an incredible achievement! He will easily win the next election, and if he manages to win the next one after that (that's the real challenge, as Labour may have a competent leader by then), he will easily surpass Fatcha's record as the longest-serving PM.

In Cameron We Trust!

It feels so good to be a Tory Boy, at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    Labour.

ReputationRep:
    It is far too early to tell, the election is in 2 years time.

Labour might but don't deserve to because they have no policies.

Balanced Parliament
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Labour majority - less than 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I think the Conservatives will hold onto power with the Libdems. If UKIP get a majority they could just merge to become the New Conservatives. Either way the Conservatives will probably hold.
    Name:  lol_wut_que.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  70.3 KB
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jordan-James)
    People say UKIP will ruin the tory vote, no ones ever mentioned Tory-UKIP coalition.
    For Ukip to get say 10 seats they need 25% of the vote, if that happens then the Tories will probably be on around 200 MP's at 30% so there'd be no way to form a government anyway.

So long as we have FPTP then Ukip just gift Labour victory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    For Ukip to get say 10 seats they need 25% of the vote, if that happens then the Tories will probably be on around 200 MP's at 30% so there'd be no way to form a government anyway.

So long as we have FPTP then Ukip just gift Labour victory.
    Yeh i realised that and deleted the post instantly lol, i forgot the likelihood of UKIP taking seats.

ReputationRep:
    Hung parliament.

Labour's going nowhere fast.
    Lib Dems will be hit due to their affiliation with unpopular coalition policies but I wouldn't predict a wipeout.
    Conservatives will struggle due to incumbency and a strong challenge from the right (UKIP may get its first seat).

Labour will be the largest party, I reckon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.