Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stressing about lack of revision time! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm properly.stressing here I have 8 AS exams.over a two week period starting from Monday 13th May... And Im worried about whether I have enough time to revise..... I only have one week of study leave and I struggle to revise much after school when I'm mentally drained any advice? I'm considering missing school for a week but I don't want to get into trouble!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner4ever)
    Hi guys, I'm properly.stressing here I have 8 AS exams.over a two week period starting from Monday 13th May... And Im worried about whether I have enough time to revise..... I only have one week of study leave and I struggle to revise much after school when I'm mentally drained any advice? I'm considering missing school for a week but I don't want to get into trouble!
    I'm in the same situation .I've got 8 too.(My friend has got 9).its hard to stay motivated but somehow you are gonna have to.Think about what results you want in the summer,let that motivate you.Its hard but hey its one of those things we have to do.Tip:when you are revising try to do little sessions.e.g. 20 minutes per topic that's more effective than sitting there and reading a whole textbook.
    It's never to late.And no I suggest you don't miss school!.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Early mornings on weekends, trust me! I have 6 as exams starting on 13th too, good luck!! Give your all, you'll have no regrets

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelley2)
    I'm in the same situation .I've got 8 too.(My friend has got 9).its hard to stay motivated but somehow you are gonna have to.Think about what results you want in the summer,let that motivate you.Its hard but hey its one of those things we have to do.Tip:when you are revising try to do little sessions.e.g. 20 minutes per topic that's more effective than sitting there and reading a whole textbook.
    It's never to late.And no I suggest you don't miss school!.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! *I don't like doing 20min per topic tho I prefer to do an couple of hours on a single subject split into two sessions... Y did u suggest I miss school? All I'll miss is revision lessons and I revise more effectively @ home!

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate, I've got 12 AS exams this summer and i've been feeling the same, there's just not enough time to get it all in. But think positive, you can only learn as much as you have time to, then give it your best in the exam! I wouldn't miss school simply because in the last week you'll probably be doing revision material in school and you might just get that last clinical bit of advice before going on study leave! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! *I don't like doing 20min per topic tho I prefer to do an couple of hours on a single subject split into two sessions... Y did u suggest I miss school? All I'll miss is revision lessons and I revise more effectively @ home!
    Well I don't know how good your teachers are but I've found that sometimes in revision lessons my teachers will mention something I didn't know/had forgotten completely...and then this appears on the exam! Also, your teachers are probably a lot less likely to help if you approach them asking for explanations if you've been skipping their lessons...

ReputationRep:
    If you really feel that missing school will be the best thing tell your parents that, then get them to phone up on the days that you miss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _-_Ella_-_)
    If you really feel that missing school will be the best thing tell your parents that, then get them to phone up on the days that you miss.
    That would be a good idea if they didn't mind.... I might phone myself......hate lying but needs must! :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.