Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best Horror Movie ??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE horror/thriller movies !! :dance:

Whats everyones fave ones? Anyone got any good recommendations

ReputationRep:
    The Shining has gotta be my all time fave, more psycological than just gore/blood. Read the book too its really good,

ReputationRep:
    The Shining is the only film to have utterly frightened me, when those twins appear.. *shivers*

Other than that, Sinister is a good scare.

And when I took a date out to watch Trance, the advert of Evil Dead looked terrifying, the first trailer in AGES to do so!

Also Insidious is a good watch too

ReputationRep:
    Couple of my fav horror films

Switchblade Romance - French film, not overly terrifying, but psychologically quite scary and has some pretty gruesome bits in it.
    I'd rate this as a decent pinot noir, something to be savoured and mulled over.

The Hills Have Eyes - both the original and the remake are worth watching, genuine uncomfortable horror, not a film I enjoyed watching because some of the scenes are quite upsetting but still a classic horror.
    Special Brew - it packs a punch!

House of a 1000 Corpses - great Rob Zombie film and a brilliant modern horror, kitsch, over the top and a true "americana" horror movie (the sequel The Devil's Rejects is also pretty good, but more of a thriller not a horror).
    This is definetly a jagerbomb, it packs a punch, it isn't clever and it's all about the image!

Drag me to Hell - MAJOR guilty pleasure, technically a terrible film, but the ****ty acting is hilarious, the horror makes you jump followed by immediately laughing.
    It's Lambrini... it will get you drunk on the cheap and you will have fun, but you probably shouldn't admit to it.

An American Werewolf in London - an oldy but a classic, the first film that really terrified me as a kid, it's probably very outdated now.
    This is my sambuca, i can't drink sambuca anymore after an experience I had at uni, nor can I watch this film without feeling nervous (which is ridiculous as it isn't really that scary!)

Pitch Black - More sci-fi action/horror than pure horror, but a good film nonetheless.
    I can't think of what drink this is as I'm rapidly running out of ideas :s

ReputationRep:
    I liked where sinister was going, the whole idea of the video tapes etc... But then they ruined it with the spiritual side of things
    My favourite horror movie in the WHOLE world would have to be [REC], especially the first one!

ReputationRep:
    The Blair Witch Project never fails to creep me out

ReputationRep:
    Silence of the Lambs, Alien, The Thing, The Shining, Se7en and Martyrs. Just don't watch Martyrs in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    I liked where sinister was going, the whole idea of the video tapes etc... But then they ruined it with the spiritual side of things
    My favourite horror movie in the WHOLE world would have to be [REC], especially the first one!
    Rec freaked me out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    Ah i love that movie ! The ending gives me goosebumps every time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going to list a few of my favourites

Halloween (plus the remake by Rob Zombie)
    the Scream series
    Dawn of the dead (Gotta say I enjoyed the remake more :rolleyes: )
    The Shining
    The Descent
    Shrooms
    The silence of the lambs
    [rec] (Didn't enjoy the sequels that much, and better than Quarantine)
    The collector

The list could go on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by How)
    Going to list a few of my favourites

Halloween (plus the remake by Rob Zombie)
    the Scream series
    Dawn of the dead (Gotta say I enjoyed the remake more :rolleyes: )
    The Shining
    The Descent
    Shrooms
    The silence of the lambs
    [rec] (Didn't enjoy the sequels that much, and better than Quarantine)
    The collector

The list could go on
    Damn, I forgot to mention Dawn of the Dead! I saw the remake and thought it was awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen The Devils Rejects ?? ...that was so disturbing

ReputationRep:
    Not scary but all the original Nightmare on Elm Streets are amazing. Maybe the last one or two seem a bit dragged out but ah well :rolleyes:

It's already been said but [REC] freaked me out.
    And The Grudge terrifies me still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahhh_92)
    Has anyone seen The Devils Rejects ?? ...that was so disturbing
    Yeah, I mentioned that in my post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Yeah, I mentioned that in my post

Oh yeah you did

Has anyone actually seen Human Centipede..I swear everyone has but I think thats the one movie I REFUSE to watch :afraid:

ReputationRep:

Oh yeah you did

Has anyone actually seen Human Centipede..I swear everyone has but I think thats the one movie I REFUSE to watch :afraid:
    No, and nor do I ever want to haha

I watched the trailer whilst eating and it put me off forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)

The Hills Have Eyes - both the original and the remake are worth watching, genuine uncomfortable horror, not a film I enjoyed watching because some of the scenes are quite upsetting but still a classic horror.
    Special Brew - it packs a punch!
    There was an original?! Did not know that. I actually couldn't finish the film because I didn't find it scary, but disturbing. Sometimes horror films have too much violence and not enough horror. I don't find violence and gore scary, just upsetting.

(Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    When I was younger my sister told me that the Blair Witch Project was real. Had me freaked out for days.

ReputationRep:

Oh yeah you did

Yes, I thought it was quite gross the first time I watched it however it has since been surpassed (very significantly) by "A Serbian Film", which is honestly one of the most horrendous films I've watched, it was genuinely difficult to get through it in one sitting. I'd suggest reading the plot description on wikipedia before you even consider watching the film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    There was an original?! Did not know that. I actually couldn't finish the film because I didn't find it scary, but disturbing. Sometimes horror films have too much violence and not enough horror. I don't find violence and gore scary, just upsetting.
    Yes there is an original directed by Wes Craven (who also collaborated on the remake, which was re-written and directed by the guys who directed Switchblade Romance/Haute Tension, another of my favourite films) in 1977, and also a sequel to the original, which was awful and Wes Craven later disowned it!

Wes and his son Jon also wrote the 2007 sequel, which was pants. </horror nerd>

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe, when I was younger I used to be obsessed with old 1970's horror films. They honestly would freak me out, but looking back now it's a bit cringe-worthy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.