Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, I'm going to keep it simple. I am currently a Y12 student studying IB, with Physics and Maths at HL (basically A-Level) and Chemistry at SL (basically AS-Level).

Has anyone had experience with applying with to Cambridge for NatSci with only AS Chem, heard of anybody doing so, or have any knowledge about whether this is possible? (And if so, which college this was with).

Any replies would be gratefully welcomed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xenopoecilus)
    Ok guys, I'm going to keep it simple. I am currently a Y12 student studying IB, with Physics and Maths at HL (basically A-Level) and Chemistry at SL (basically AS-Level).

Has anyone had experience with applying with to Cambridge for NatSci with only AS Chem, heard of anybody doing so, or have any knowledge about whether this is possible? (And if so, which college this was with).

Any replies would be gratefully welcomed!
    I assume you would be applying for physical natural sciences.

You are actually required to have 2 science subjects, which you have maths and physics so that would be fine.

You may not be able to choose some specific 1st year options as you havens done higher chemistry, but there are still many other options and you won't be disregarded simply because you haven't studied higher chemistry.

It's worth taking a shot as you may regret it if you don't and later find out that you could have got in, besides it is only one choice out of 5, so if you make good choices you will have a backup option

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.