Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive been a very bad boy

I didnt choose biology and started my AS ..Maths Physics History Chem and GS.

Then I decided I would really like to read medicine at uni, and found out most unis require bio AS minimum.

So i started Biology in jan outside of school and had to catch up a terms work...

but the pressure has got to me and Iam working too much... Iam scared with exams in June, I will get bad marks bcos ive got SOO much to learn. I am so stupid not picking biology and starting late...

I am thinking the best option now is to drop physics even though i do like the subject. But the time saved I can spend on my other subjects and insure i get good high grades hopefully AAAA (Maths Bio Chem Hist)
    and whatever i can manage in GS (probs B) i got a C on unit 1 (re-sitting though).

What does everyone think?

BTW will my B in GS look bad should i really start revising for that too and push it up to a A? IS it true you have to state ALL YOUR qualifications so if i ended up with a D in Gereal Studies i will have state that on ucas?

ARRGGGH ...HELP!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-k)
    Ive been a very bad boy

I didnt choose biology and started my AS ..Maths Physics History Chem and GS.

Then I decided I would really like to read medicine at uni, and found out most unis require bio AS minimum.

So i started Biology in jan outside of school and had to catch up a terms work...

but the pressure has got to me and Iam working too much... Iam scared with exams in June, I will get bad marks bcos ive got SOO much to learn. I am so stupid not picking biology and starting late...

I am thinking the best option now is to drop physics even though i do like the subject. But the time saved I can spend on my other subjects and insure i get good high grades hopefully AAAA (Maths Bio Chem Hist)
    and whatever i can manage in GS (probs B) i got a C on unit 1 (re-sitting though).

What does everyone think?

BTW will my B in GS look bad should i really start revising for that too and push it up to a A? IS it true you have to state ALL YOUR qualifications so if i ended up with a D in Gereal Studies i will have state that on ucas?

ARRGGGH ...HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    Woaaaah chill out.

I think at this stage it is limited how much help it would be to drop physics. To be honest, as a subject it's really not that difficult or challenging until the A2 and not something that I can imagine could be that distracting. I suppose one good point about dropping it is if you wanted to you could finish off the other two modules next year if you had a bit more free time.

With regard to general studies, I'm not sure how it will look, but it is true that you will have to state your grade whether you like it or not unless you turn down certification (quite possible with general studies because
    it's not like they'll wonder why it's missing if they don't see it).

Don't worry so much, catching up on biology won't be that much hassle if you approach it well, it'll work out.

ReputationRep:
    Most med schools won't care about General studies really - they're interested in your sciences. If you genuinely think that you can get As for Chem, Bio and Maths, then by all means drop Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Most med schools won't care about General studies really - they're interested in your sciences. If you genuinely think that you can get As for Chem, Bio and Maths, then by all means drop Physics.
    great consider it dropped! WOOOHAAAY suddenly the world doesn't seem that bad of a place, I know physics isn't hard, but its all about learning the facts and applying the formulas...and I honestly think the time saved will be very beneficial to my other subjects.

They physics taught in my school is of a poor standard, I end up wasting 4 hours every week, and always have to teach it to myself. Therefore, i do believe the extra 4 hours every week for the next 2 months used wisely will have a positive effect on the outcome of my other grades.

I don't know about everyone but i think the biology AS syllabus is way too big, there is just SO much to learn and obviously starting 4 months late has put so much extra pressure on me and i think ill go mad in the run up to exams History also has a lot ofcontent which all needs to go in my brain.... yeh so the 4 hours will help !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-k)
    great consider it dropped! WOOOHAAAY suddenly the world doesn't seem that bad of a place, I know physics isn't hard, but its all about learning the facts and applying the formulas...and I honestly think the time saved will be very beneficial to my other subjects.

They physics taught in my school is of a poor standard, I end up wasting 4 hours every week, and always have to teach it to myself. Therefore, i do believe the extra 4 hours every week for the next 2 months used wisely will have a positive effect on the outcome of my other grades.
    In which case I'm entirely behind you, because I'm looking to do exactly the same thing =P Don't think I have the guts though.

ReputationRep:
    drop physics.

no use doing it, it wont help. i did chem, bio, maths, further maths and history as, and it was managable. but physics too, woooww, thats pushing it. further maths wasnt that much extra.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.