• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So I saw this tweet:

(Original post by K)
    Watch "The Student Room website review!" I wish we'd come up with this idea as a viral...
    How about implementing a system like this:

Like the facebook page: 100 credits
    Share the facebook page: 100 credits
    Follow TSR on twitter: 100 credits
    Tweet about TSR: 100 credits

Video Review (> 1 minute): 300 credits
    Blog Review (> 250 words): 200 credits

Many websites / companies have a similar rewards system in place. This will definitely drive more people to your social network pages and write reviews if you give them an incentive to do so.

Just a thought.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Bribing our users? Could work. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I've already done the third one of that once and the fourth one more than once so I reckon TSR already owes me....lets say 500 credits to be sure. And I've done the first one so lets say 600. Cough up.

ReputationRep:
    Bribe us with chocolate! Not credits!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    So I saw this tweet:

Many websites / companies have a similar rewards system in place. This will definitely drive more people to your social network pages and write reviews if you give them an incentive to do so.

Just a thought.
    This, I like

ReputationRep:
    So I saw this tweet:

Just a thought.
    Me gusta :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I can see some people going wild and tweeting about TSR about ten times a day to try and accrue credits. There would have to be some kind of limit in place on something like that or else people will abuse it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I can see some people going wild and tweeting about TSR about ten times a day to try and accrue credits. There would have to be some kind of limit in place on something like that or else people will abuse it.
    Well I would think that if something like this was to happen, a cap would be the wisest choice :yep: Or make it so that you can only have the tweets happen for the first say 2 posts :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Some cool idea tbh.

The video mentioned in the OP.

First to find her account on here wins reps from me at least.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Some cool idea tbh.

TheReckless? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Some cool idea tbh.

:lol: I can't believe she's using the site to help her with school work. I thought we were only here to (a) troll or (b) call someone else a troll.

ReputationRep:
    TheReckless? :holmes:
    It is? I can't even tell.

:lol: I can't believe she's using the site to help her with school work. I thought we were only here to (a) troll or (b) call someone else a troll.
    Most people find TSR with study help or PS/uni questions and then stay for the other things.

ReputationRep:
    It is? I can't even tell.
    He might be right. The name on her profile matches the name on YouTube.

Edit: I can't help but feel we're getting sidetracked from the main issue. Vulpes' great idea.

ReputationRep:
    He might be right. The name on her profile matches the name on YouTube.

Edit: I can't help but feel we're getting sidetracked from the main issue. Vulpes' great idea.
    As well as her age, but it says on her TSR profile that she studies at Cardiff whilst on her channel it says she's from the "grim up north", so either she's saying that she was born there or is referring to the north of Cardiff... hmm....

Anyway, back to what OP said. Is there already such thing as credits? If so, what do they do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    As well as her age, but it says on her TSR profile that she studies at Cardiff whilst on her channel it says she's from the "grim up north", so either she's saying that she was born there or is referring to the north of Cardiff... hmm....

Anyway, back to what OP said. Is there already such thing as credits? If so, what do they do?
    I think we're all getting in too deep :lol:

Yes. You can get credits by uploading essays onto TSRs partner website (I forget what it is called even though I have done it in the past) and you get 100 credits for each, I think. Or you can buy credits. Then I think if you have 399 credits you can subscribe to TSR for a month, or something like that.

Edit: All info here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/coursework.php

ReputationRep:
    Some cool idea tbh.

It's too complimentary. She probably is in her early to mid twenties and works for TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I've already done the third one of that once and the fourth one more than once so I reckon TSR already owes me....lets say 500 credits to be sure. And I've done the first one so lets say 600. Cough up.
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    This, I like
    How will credits be useful to mods? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mukhabarat)
    How will credits be useful to mods? :confused:
    I'm not sure I understand. I'm suggesting they give me credits, not me give them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how that might work in reality - on the one hand you've got the increased traffic from more publicity, so a wider viewing of ads, but on the other hand you'd be nearing handing out subscriptions willy-nilly, which might hurt the scope of ads if the increased traffic expected doesn't happen... Seems like a cap should probably be put on it as a safety measure at the least.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how that might work in reality - on the one hand you've got the increased traffic from more publicity, so a wider viewing of ads, but on the other hand you'd be nearing handing out subscriptions willy-nilly, which might hurt the scope of ads if the increased traffic expected doesn't happen... Seems like a cap should probably be put on it as a safety measure at the least.

Still, it's only for a month and would both rejuvenate the back room and probably rack up more paid subscriptions. Even if everyone on the site did it, they'd only have one month ad-less and so many would re-sub that it'd be justified. To get a sub with the proposed, you'd need to Tweet about TSR, Follow them, Share them on FB, and like them on FB. That's quite a tall order and will definitely attract more people to the site that aren't going to subscribe like this straight away.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.