Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I miss the OLD Final Fantasy Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else miss the old final fantasy games rather than the new updated ones?...and I HATE the battle styles:no:

Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 were the best ...

ReputationRep:
    My favourite was Final Fantasy XII Lost months of my life to that game...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tibbles209)
    My favourite was Final Fantasy XII Lost months of my life to that game...
    I played through it quite recently, it's actually really difficult in parts, I have no idea how I managed to get so far on it at 6 years old. I have a 6 year old sister now and there's no way that she'd understand it. I must have been a smart kid :smug:

It is one of my all-time favourite games though.

Edit: FF7, not 12. I mis-read that

ReputationRep:
    I always thought 10 was the best for gameplay and story, followed closely by 8. 7 was of course really good! I forgot how whiny Cloud was though haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    I played through it quite recently, it's actually really difficult in parts, I have no idea how I managed to get so far on it at 6 years old. I have a 6 year old sister now and there's no way that she'd understand it. I must have been a smart kid :smug:

You were six in 2006? And you can now type? You've made me feel terribly old.

ReputationRep:

It was pretty tough, I remember really not liking the gambits to begin with, but once I had properly figured out how to use them I thought they were great - meant you could play so tactically! My boyfriend's favourite is FF X but I wasn't such a fan of the turn based battle system, just felt so slow paced in comparison

ReputationRep:
    Only ever played crystal chronicles one, on the gamecube and the one on the DS, I think it was a rehash of FF3. Crystal Chronicles is awesome though, used to play it so much as a child. More of a kingdom hearts person though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    You were six in 2006? And you can now type? You've made me feel terribly old.
    Oh crap, no :lol: I read XII as VII I was talking about FF7

ReputationRep:
    10 was alright .. But I hated Tidus !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tibbles209)
    It was pretty tough, I remember really not liking the gambits to begin with, but once I had properly figured out how to use them I thought they were great - meant you could play so tactically! My boyfriend's favourite is FF X but I wasn't such a fan of the turn based battle system, just felt so slow paced in comparison

Sorry, I was talking about FF7. I mis-read your post. I've never played XII. The only recent one that i've played is XIII, and whilst I enjoyed the story, I found the gameplay kind of tedious and repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    I think the turn based were better for strategy then XII and XII 1 + 2 as you had to plan ahead and not just press attack and switch paradigms. I am looking forward to the FFX HD Remake though!

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap, no :lol: I read XII as VII I was talking about FF7
    I replayed 7 again relatively recently and got stuck at the same bit I got stuck at when I had played it as I think probably a 10 year old.

BLOODY Materia Keeper.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I was talking about FF7. I mis-read your post. I've never played XII. The only recent one that i've played is XIII, and whilst I enjoyed the story, I found the gameplay kind of tedious and repetitive.
    I thought the story was slowly getting boring as it went on, mainly being because of Hope complaining for ages :L

ReputationRep:
    I loved the sphere system in FFX. FFVII had the best storyline with FFX I think. I've been disappointed with everything past FFX, though FFXIII-2 has been slightly better once you got into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    I replayed 7 again relatively recently and got stuck at the same bit I got stuck at when I had played it as I think probably a 10 year old.

BLOODY Materia Keeper.

I think I might have too actually, although not on a boss or anything like that, just on a part where I couldn't work out where I had to go next. But back in 1997 I didn't have the internet to help me

After Rocket Town, with no prompting or clues or anything, you have to go deep into the Temple of the Ancients. How people worked that out without the internet I don't know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazyalex123)
    I thought the story was slowly getting boring as it went on, mainly being because of Hope complaining for ages :L
    Yeah, I guess it did. I never actually finished it though. I think most of all I just disliked the linear gameplay. The walk > fight > walk > fight. I much prefer the open-world style of the earlier ones, there was so much more too them than just the fighting.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess it did. I never actually finished it die to getting a little bored with it. I think most of all I just disliked the linear gameplay. The walk > fight > walk > fight. I much prefer the open-world style of the earlier ones, there was so much more too them than just the fighting.
    Well I got bored of it, went back to it 6 months later only to find out I had 30 minutes left to do in the game haha. And yes! The open world made it soo much better! like on VIII second disc onwards, you can literally go anywhere you want.

ReputationRep:
    how have you left out 6? :hmmm:

7 is my favourite though.

ReputationRep:
    I loved 8, I want to play it again but it seems impossible to find a disc or downloadable version that will run on a modern PC

ReputationRep:
    One of the best games ever!!!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.